Wallets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any of you carry the same Wallet for many years?

Seeing @Glock 'em down ad for a Wallet for sale got me thinking about Wallets!

We recently sold a home and moved back to a home we keep in Choctaw America. In doing so we have been downsizing and minimizing! Cleaning out Gun Safes and such. I came upon a New Wallet that I had forgot about.

I bought two of these Wallets when I was 15 years old sitting in a Cafe having Lunch in SlaughterVille Ok, an older Gentleman came in selling Leather things he had made, I guess him then to be well over 70 yrs old. The Well Drilling crew I was with “Dad and a older Brother” all bought things from him and I needed a wallet so I bought two. We all bought just to help the man out. I had planned on giving the second one to one of my younger Brothers. Never did, they were always little **** heads.

Well I decided to carry the one with the Ducks Flying. Now 47 years later I still carry the same Wallet, never once lost it. It survives in my front right pocket “best there when you ride Horses and Bulls” as I was taught, through 47 years of Farming/Ranching, Water Well Drilling, Dozer/Heavy Equipment Work, Oilfield, Carpenter building homes, Off Road Racing and Fire Dept!

It has been wet, frozen and dirty as one could imagine! It stopped a chain saw, it kept a hot piece of slag from melting my leg and more that I don’t remember. As you can see it has shrunk somewhat, as they were Identical when new. I have carried chap stick w/rubber band to hold Chapstick all its life, as working outdoors my whole life you learn Chapstick is your friend!

Anyways a thought after seeing @Glock 'em down Wallet Ad. And finding lost **** when old and cleaning out! A 47 year old Wallet carries a lot of memories!

View attachment 330202View attachment 330203View attachment 330204
I dumped traditional wallets 20+yrs ago. They collect useless trash, never get cleaned out, create a huge lump in hip pocket.....never again. Tried many alternatives.......spring binder clips, money clips, many gimicky thingys, anything I could find. Finally settled on plain old heavy duty rubber bands....credit cards, CCW, dr lic, membership cards, ins cards, key entry cards, etc. Cash in another band in my right pocket Minimalist, rubber bands prevents slipping out of pocket, cheap to replace every 3 months.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dumped traditional wallets 20+yrs ago. They collect useless trash, never get cleaned out, create a huge lump in hip pocket.....never again. Tried many alternatives.......spring binder clips, money clips, many gimicky thingys, anything I could find. Finally settled on plain old heavy duty rubber bands....credit cards, CCW, dr lic, membership cards, ins cards, key entry cards, etc. Cash in another band in my right pocket Minimalist, rubber bands prevents slipping out of pocket, cheap to replace every 3 months.

Minimalism at it's finest! :clap3:

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having gone through several bifold and trifold wallets that I've always carried in a back pocket I got fed up always having to replace them every few years so decided to try carrying in front pocket. In my quest to find the perfect one that would hold everything that I carried in my regular wallets, I came across this little gem! All I had to do was remove the carrying strap and it fits like a glove in the Dickies front pocket.
Screenshot_20221225_220552_Chrome.jpg

Plus it kills at bingo night when all the sweet old ladies insist on sitting next to me and help fill out my cards. Win win! :rollingla

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Timely topic because I'm in the market for a new wallet. probably going to get a ridge type wallet for front pocket carry. I carry too much stuff in my pockets as it is. I'll have to reconfigure.

Give the Herschel Charlie wallet a try. It holds about 8 cards and a few bills. Nice and flat, perfect for front or back pocket carry. When I carry in my back pocket, I never know it's there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom