Wally ChinaMart BS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Wal Mart’s policies not only vary store to store but employee to employee.
I had some AAs at the self check and mentioned I wish I could buy more than 3 the employee at the self check if they aren’t locked up you can buy them all. And scanned one again making four total
And said see the machine doesn’t care.
A few weeks later I got a couple bulk 22 ans 3 AAs tge sporting good woman said nope 3 total. Of course Karen kept backing her up saying it’s right there in the note. I was going to wait in a manager but got tired of waiting on one from Pluto.

yeah I did that when I first saw 16 gauge on the shelf at Walmart. They had like 5-6 boxes so I went and tried it at the self checkout and was able to buy all of them.

ICanFixIt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Weatherford WalMart got to do a little bit of restocking when they refused to sell me beer or wine without scanning my driver's license. I'm sure my 14 year old GREAT grandson would have gotten a kick out of it if he had been there. I will not comply.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last time in wally world was for that reduction in ammo, IIRC the hand gun caliber reduction, cleaned up on that one. Giving wally $$ is akin to giving the gubbermint $$. Not too keen on either.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Another thing I noticed, some WM are better than others for ammo. The one on NW Exp gets a decent selection. The one on I-35 and 15th is so-so but the one at memorial and penn barely gets any. I think it’s the department manager letting his or her personal views get in the way.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What’s better?:

1. We believe the 2nd amendment only applies to hunting and clay shooting, we won’t sell outside of those “rights”.

or

2. We don’t carry arms or ammunition and never have, it’s not our business model.
2. Is patently false. I have bought many boxes of Winchester and Perfecta 9 mm ammo. Stopped buying ammo there when they started virtue signaling and shop at Academy and Local gun stores. I may pay a buck or two more at local shops, but feel good that it is supporting the little guy, or in the case of Academy a company that continues to support the Second Amendment.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
just an update, walmart does not have department managers any more, they have team leads that run two or three departments. it does not matter what the employee personnel views are, nobody orders the ammo, it is done by the computer, the home office sets the ammo display for each store and quantity, and it is filled with what is in the system.
Thanks for the info. Does that mean there’s a bunch of ammo sitting in the store room of some WM’s? If that’s the case, I wonder if a person could ask about it? Particularly the one on Penn. They never put anything out.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of the comments in this thread remind me of the thread posted a few years back, when the OP got so ticked about something at the checkout line that he left behind a shopping cart full of stuff. IIRC, that thread ran quite a few pages. Anyone remember it?

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of the comments in this thread remind me of the thread posted a few years back, when the OP got so ticked about something at the checkout line that he left behind a shopping cart full of stuff. IIRC, that thread ran quite a few pages. Anyone remember it?

Full of meat, and done on purpose no less.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you pay at the sports counter and the buyer is ‘alone’ , no problem. Take it to the front and you run the risk of ‘store policy’. I’ve seen it here in Edmond and I’ve heard shoppers at the sports counter talk about it. Not hard to get around their stupid rules.
I’m more surprised that they had 45 ACP. Thought had quit selling pistol ammo

Latest posts

Top Bottom