WalMart .22 ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Lawton WM on 67th keeps .22 under the counter in the Fire Arms section. You have to ask for it and if they are not busy you may get it, if they are busy forget it.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've written WalMart off. Why waste time hoping they'll use their buying power to serve their customers when Academy does, and has been doing, the same thing with regularity. I live about 85 miles from the Norman Academy, but I go to OKC about once a month, or so. It makes more sense for me to drop by Academy and pick up what I want (from a variety of choices) rather than spending more time checking on WalMart's rare display of one random brand, and only for a very small window of time, in minutes usually.

There's somebody stupid at WalMart. Many people who shop at WalMart do so because they don't have a viable alternative.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've written WalMart off. Why waste time hoping they'll use their buying power to serve their customers when Academy does, and has been doing, the same thing with regularity. I live about 85 miles from the Norman Academy, but I go to OKC about once a month, or so. It makes more sense for me to drop by Academy and pick up what I want (from a variety of choices) rather than spending more time checking on WalMart's rare display of one random brand, and only for a very small window of time, in minutes usually.

There's somebody stupid at WalMart. Many people who shop at WalMart do so because they don't have a viable alternative.

I don't have an alternative. The only place in town, and its been three years since buying any .22 from that POS. Its just never on the shelf.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just swing through when I'm in WM looking. Not gonna go too out of my way or camp it or anything. Here in B'ville, from what I've heard, it seldom lasts more than an hour on the shelf.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Coming up on 4 years since I have seen any .22 at any WalMart.

The Ponca Walmart has been a dry run for many years now when looking for .22. Yet, I can go to Stillwater, hit both their Walmart stores, finding nothing, then go to Academy just up the street and they have it on the shelf with no limit.
I don't understand.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think that makes my point. Most retailers choose to make their money by catering to the customer. WalMart no longer does that. Their time will come.

Latest posts

Top Bottom