Walmart pulling ammo and gun displays.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They haven't stopped selling guns. They still sell guns. They're simply securing the guns to avoid looters stealing said guns.

It isn't like Dicks where some pedantic, pretentious, preachy social justice warrior is seeking attention.

It's a prudent move on Walmart's part.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They can say they’re still selling guns and ammo but how would you ever know what they have to sell in the first place? That’s effectively “not” selling guns and ammo.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They can say they’re still selling guns and ammo but how would you ever know what they have to sell in the first place? That’s effectively “not” selling guns and ammo.
No, it isn't. They're still selling guns. They're not, not selling guns.

They're either selling guns. Or they're not selling guns. Which is it?

They're selling guns.

They're simply not displaying guns.

There's a difference between the two. Your complaint is that they're not displaying the guns for sale.

Here. Have some cheese with your whine.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm having difficulty understanding why people are bad-mouthing Walmart for this action. I don't shop at Walmarts, but it does seem like a responsible action to try to secure any guns and ammo that might be looted if a store is broken into. I'm pretty sure that there have been Walmarts that have been looted by the thugs and losers in several of the riots.

So, why is this a bad thing for them to do? I applaud them for their actions. If it is truly a safe, then I doubt if rioters will be able to get to them. At least they are trying to do the right thing.

Is not what they are doing now, is what they have been doing all along. If you ask me is just an excuse.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is not what they are doing now, is what they have been doing all along. If you ask me is just an excuse.
Well then don't shop there. As I understand this is a temporary measure for a period of time around the election when there is more of a concern about the thugs and morons using that as an excuse to loot stores. They are being very responsible to make sure that guns and ammo are not exposed to that. What they have been doing all along is a business decision and they really don't need an excuse for that or for temporarily removing these items from the stores. Why would you complain about that ?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I reckon Wal-Mart is only reacting to what they have to deal with. Just like selling reloading supplies in Riverton, WY is ok - keeping guns out front at Admiral and Memorial in Tulsa might be riskier.

I remember Kmart, TG&Y, Otasco, Skagg-Albertson's, JC Penney, Sears, Montgomery Ward all carrying firearms and ammo at their stores.
I wonder what's changed?

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Think Walfart is bad? I was at Kirkland's the other day (tagging along behind the wife) and 99% of everything was made in China. What wasn't was made in another Asian country (mostly candles, etc).
So where do you go to shop for your American made stuff ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom