Walmart pulling ammo and gun displays.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I reckon Wal-Mart is only reacting to what they have to deal with. Just like selling reloading supplies in Riverton, WY is ok - keeping guns out front at Admiral and Memorial in Tulsa might be riskier.

I remember Kmart, TG&Y, Otasco, Skagg-Albertson's, JC Penney, Sears, Montgomery Ward all carrying firearms and ammo at their stores.
I wonder what's changed?
Some of it was because of stricter gun laws and regulations. You use to find ammo and guns at every little mom/pop store but most quit cause of what it cost and the time they had to put out for keeping the license and paperwork up. I remember as a kid going to the small mom/pop store around me and buying 22 shells for 1 cent a round and you didnt have to buy a full box go in with a nickle and walk out with 5 rounds didnt matter how young or old you was.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, it isn't. They're still selling guns. They're not, not selling guns.

They're either selling guns. Or they're not selling guns. Which is it?

They're selling guns.

They're simply not displaying guns.

There's a difference between the two. Your complaint is that they're not displaying the guns for sale.

Here. Have some cheese with your whine.

My statement wasn't binary it was general which is why I used the word "effectively" rather than an absolute. I'm not sure where you interpret whining or think saying "Have some cheese with your whine" fits. Maybe you've had that phrase in your back pocket waiting to use but shot and got nothing but air? Okay George Costanza.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of it was because of stricter gun laws and regulations. You use to find ammo and guns at every little mom/pop store but most quit cause of what it cost and the time they had to put out for keeping the license and paperwork up. I remember as a kid going to the small mom/pop store around me and buying 22 shells for 1 cent a round and you didnt have to buy a full box go in with a nickle and walk out with 5 rounds didnt matter how young or old you was.

Yeah, I think there's been a lot of changes that changed the scene around town.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My statement wasn't binary it was general which is why I used the word "effectively" rather than an absolute. I'm not sure where you interpret whining or think saying "Have some cheese with your whine" fits. Maybe you've had that phrase in your back pocket waiting to use but shot and got nothing but air? Okay George Costanza.
1dc4702b856b274872c0f25aa4a8dbc8.gif

TOOF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just thinking. I don’t remember the last time I bought ammo at walmart. And I don’t recall ever buying a gun there.

I think it was probably a purchase of opportunity during the 22lr scare.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just thinking. I don’t remember the last time I bought ammo at walmart. And I don’t recall ever buying a gun there.

I think it was probably a purchase of opportunity during the 22lr scare.
I really did not shop for ammo at Walmart regularly even before the China virus shortage. I remember being in there once when that had a good deal on 9mm for some reason and I bought a few hundred rounds, but other than that nothing until I bought the .22 lr they had a couple of weeks ago. Actually my son-in-law was the one who was in there and saw it and called me to see if I wanted it. It's so hard to find right now and this was a decent price so I told him sure, can't imagine why someone would leave one box of that on the shelf, but they did.

He goes in there quite a bit so I just told him to pick up any that he sees at anything close to 5 cents a round. I don't go in there shopping for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom