Walmart raising gun buying age to 21

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bet the under 21 age group isn't buying enough guns at Walmart to hurt business by raising the age limit. That doesn't mean that they should stop selling to people under 21 years of age in my opinion. I am inclined to believe it is a choice that has very little financial downside for companies making these decisions.

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - A 20-year-old man in southern Oregon has filed a lawsuit against Dick's Sporting Goods and Walmart after he says they refused to sell him a rifle.

The Oregonian/OregonLive reports Tyler Watson's lawsuit filed Monday claims he faced age discrimination when he tried to buy a rifle in February at a store owned by Dick's in Medford.

Watson says he was also refused when he attempted to buy a gun at the Grants Pass Walmart.

Dick's and Walmart restricted gun sales in the wake of the Feb. 14 Florida high school massacre. The lawsuit is believed to be the first filed over the new gun policies.

Oregon law allows residents to buy shotguns or rifles starting at age 18.

Walmart spokesman Randy Hargrove told The Oregonian/OregonLive that the retailer will defend its new policy. A representative from Dick's hasn't responded to a request for comment.
http://www.koin.com/news/oregon/oregon-man-sues-dicks-walmart-over-gun-policies-1/1011679335

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would think legally that the young man in the article would have a case but I bet it will be thrown out or settled out of court.

I hate it when MSM use stock photos for articles, neither Dicks nor Walmarts gun section is pictured but they used some mom and pop store. MSM can't get anything right.

Rustytweezers

Wall building Ammunition hoarding Gun packing Okie
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
4c907d054c28403e2bd014fd67f18dc7.jpg

-- "Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: 1. Jesus Christ 2. The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Latest posts

Top Bottom