Walmart Receipt Checker Has a Voice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone has an agenda, and not all door gestapo treat everyone equally. Idk about you, but I’ll choose not to leave judgement up to someone making 8/hr on if I need to be harassed or not. It’s not Sam’s/Costco, thus, I didn’t sign an agreement allowing my property to be searched in order to shop there, nor am I required to obtain a receipt. Once purchased, items become my property and I’ll be damned to let someone search my property more than I would allow them to follow me to the parking lot to make sure my vehicle is mine too.

I complained about this when it started a few years back and got nowhere on answers. Instead of being pissy, I simply chose to not go back and that solved that. Didn’t make a dent in their profits at all, but at least I’m not contributing to a broken system.

Despite having dealt with rude dead eyed zombies that seem to be the only ones who work there now, I’ve never been rude to anyone that’s worked there, I used to work there in high school a long time ago in fact. So no, I don’t hate Walmart, Nor am I someone who thinks their too good to shop there, their food is usually in date and of decent quality. I just won’t be treated guilty until proven innocent in order to get some damn groceries.

This all started with self checkouts. It was cheaper than cashiers, but then shrink started to rise and cut into profits, so instead of going back to cashiers they started beefing up security and checkpoints and finally added the door gestapo because it was all still cheaper than hiring high school kids to run the registers.

Now, why on earth people would allow themselves to be treated like criminals after being forced to bag their own groceries after waiting in a mile long line so corporate America can pinch pennies even tighter… I have no idea.

The ironic thing is, ever look at a Walmart receipt? Nobody, especially some door greeter knows what the hell those abbreviations stand for, much the price of anything on there. It’s all smoke and mirrors. The last people who should be given any authority are Walmart workers.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've only been asked for my receipt once. I had worked all njght, I was tired and sick, felt ran over. Lady asked for my receipt, I handed it to her and kept walking.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone has an agenda, and not all door gestapo treat everyone equally. Idk about you, but I’ll choose not to leave judgement up to someone making 8/hr on if I need to be harassed or not. It’s not Sam’s/Costco, thus, I didn’t sign an agreement allowing my property to be searched in order to shop there, nor am I required to obtain a receipt. Once purchased, items become my property and I’ll be damned to let someone search my property more than I would allow them to follow me to the parking lot to make sure my vehicle is mine too.

I complained about this when it started a few years back and got nowhere on answers. Instead of being pissy, I simply chose to not go back and that solved that. Didn’t make a dent in their profits at all, but at least I’m not contributing to a broken system.

Despite having dealt with rude dead eyed zombies that seem to be the only ones who work there now, I’ve never been rude to anyone that’s worked there, I used to work there in high school a long time ago in fact. So no, I don’t hate Walmart, Nor am I someone who thinks their too good to shop there, their food is usually in date and of decent quality. I just won’t be treated guilty until proven innocent in order to get some damn groceries.

This all started with self checkouts. It was cheaper than cashiers, but then shrink started to rise and cut into profits, so instead of going back to cashiers they started beefing up security and checkpoints and finally added the door gestapo because it was all still cheaper than hiring high school kids to run the registers.

Now, why on earth people would allow themselves to be treated like criminals after being forced to bag their own groceries after waiting in a mile long line so corporate America can pinch pennies even tighter… I have no idea.

The ironic thing is, ever look at a Walmart receipt? Nobody, especially some door greeter knows what the hell those abbreviations stand for, much the price of anything on there. It’s all smoke and mirrors. The last people who should be given any authority are Walmart workers.
Glad you rose from the bastions of Wal-Mart employment Hell to gold chainer status that can’t be bothered by a peasant struggling to survive on 8 bucks. A man of your stature would be better served by sending a lowly maid to pick up your belongings at Whole Foods.
Geez man. In all seriousness, you never know what people are going through. Sometimes it might make some dead eyed zombies day if people were nice to them.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad you rose from the bastions of Wal-Mart employment Hell to gold chainer status that can’t be bothered by a peasant struggling to survive on 8 bucks. A man of your stature would be better served by sending a lowly maid to pick up your belongings at Whole Foods.
Geez man. In all seriousness, you never know what people are going through. Sometimes it might make some dead eyed zombies day if people were nice to them.

I’ll have you know, my maid isn’t lowly good sir! Oh and I prefer platinum to gold.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not rude at all, I just don't give them what they want. Just ignore them or tell them "no thank you"

Actually we should stop, take a long pause while staring into their eyes then with a slow but demanding voice, tell them "get your own damn receipt" and walk away.

ButchB

New to the site!
Reaction score
I'm not rude at all, I just don't give them what they want. Just ignore them or tell them "no thank you"

Actually we should stop, take a long pause while staring into their eyes then with a slow but demanding voice, tell them "get your own damn receipt" and walk away.
I just politely say no thanks with a smile and go on with my biz.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"No thanks" is my reply.

A few months ago I had to buy two batteries for my F350. I looked around for ten minutes to get someone to help me in the automotive section.

After making my purchase, I pushed my two batteries to the front, and towards the door. And here's some helpful employee wanting to see my receipt for the batteries that I just bought, after having to hunt down an employee....

I'm not gonna be rude, but man...there's a reason I rarely go to Wal-Mart.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I probably shop at Walmart 3-4 times a month, seldom for more than half a dozen items. I always use the self-check because it's faster. The thing I like best about WM is the fact that they employ individuals that would likely be unemployed if not for their job with WM.

Imagine if you will, whatever job you have now or had before retirement, and some individual higher up the food chain walks past you as you are attempting to do the job that has been assigned to you, and instead of answering the question you asked, they just smile and walk away, or the tell you "no thanks".

When I was in college (53 years ago) I worked a minimum wage job, dealing with the public. Most people were always polite, but I can still remember the ones that were either too important, to busy, or just rude. Those experiences certainly helped in building my outlook on life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom