Walmart Receipt Checker Has a Voice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The optics on the policy at Sam's isn't great either, but at least there is some possibility they'd get lucky and catch someone. Both are more about deterrent than catching anyone, obviously. But, at Sam's most items are in your cart, not bagged and they scan an item or two with the receipt. So, theoretically they could find an item in the cart that wasn't paid for. Walmart, at least in my limited experience, just eyeballs the receipt and your cart - which probably contains bagged/hidden items anyway.

Either way they send everyone out with a 'are you a thief' message.

While I hate going to Walmart, and everything about it puts me in a bad mood. This is no reason to take it out on some poor door greeter. This is Oklahoma, we haven't forgotten how to be nice to each other.

As goofy as this may seem, I agree with both of these posts.

landman873

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you haven't been to sams lately they now have to scan the receipt and 2-3 items to make sure they are there. If its busy it really slows things down. I also know at sams i aggred when i sign up but Walmart just willy nilly started and they don't even do it to everyone. I would think a Lowes or Home Depot would do this as most of there items are much more expensive.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The optics on the policy at Sam's isn't great either, but at least there is some possibility they'd get lucky and catch someone. Both are more about deterrent than catching anyone, obviously. But, at Sam's most items are in your cart, not bagged and they scan an item or two with the receipt. So, theoretically they could find an item in the cart that wasn't paid for. Walmart, at least in my limited experience, just eyeballs the receipt and your cart - which probably contains bagged/hidden items anyway.

Either way they send everyone out with a 'are you a thief' message.

This has actually happened to us. A cashier missed a package of bacon. The chick at the door scanned it. Sam's got to keep their bacon until next time.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Walmart has a good policy about asking for ID before you can buy beer. If you appear to be under 40 they ask. Asking someone who is obviously 40+ is just plain STUPID. I refuse to ID for alcohol, which means that I go to WalMart or a liquor store to get my beer. I figure that not having to ID at my age (70) is a right I've earned. I'll be polite to the waitress, but I won't get booze from anyplace that has a stupid policy like this.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been to a Sam's once in my life and they stopped me at the door and i said the hell with it they dont like my money any better than that i dont need them other places to shop that dont treat me like a criminal same with walmart havent been in a store for 5 years and will not step foot back in one can find what i need someplace that appreciates my business and treat me like a good customer instead of a criminal

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem is their policy is going directly against state law. If they would actively pursue shoplifting by actively taking steps to do so instead of putting all the responsibility on the shmuck at the door.

People nowadays are tread upon by everyone and fight back when it is obvious. Go along to get along seems to be the norm and the right thing to do in Walmart's eyes but it is violating my rights and I don't appreciate it.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just doing their jobs... yeah that's historically a great tag line for your employment choice. I have little sympathy for that excuse for treating people poorly. Door greeters, vax checkers, or anyone else asks me for my "papers" or proof I didn't do something illegal is going to get a dose or reality real quick.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem is their policy is going directly against state law. If they would actively pursue shoplifting by actively taking steps to do so instead of putting all the responsibility on the shmuck at the door.

People nowadays are tread upon by everyone and fight back when it is obvious. Go along to get along seems to be the norm and the right thing to do in Walmart's eyes but it is violating my rights and I don't appreciate it.
What law is that?

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone's reading comprehension needs improvement. I said I'd be polite to the employee, but that I won't buy liquor at anyplace that wants me to ID. At my age, it is insulting. And I don't give a crap if that someone likes it or not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom