Walmart Receipt Checker Has a Voice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone's reading comprehension needs improvement. I said I'd be polite to the employee, but that I won't buy liquor at anyplace that wants me to ID. At my age, it is insulting. And I don't give a crap if that someone likes it or not.
I ID'd a kid last night who turned out to be nearly 30. He laughed, thanked me profusely and then said "That's it! I'm getting a haircut next week, I don't care WHAT my girlfriend says!" 😂😂😂

I swear he did not look like he was even outta high school yet. 🤷

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I kind of feel sorry for whoever has to do that job. I can admit I've been less than as nice as I could be at times. I made their life and mine better by shopping at Crest in Edmond. Their isles are twice as large, carts work right, they bag my groceries in old school paper bags and thank me rather than question me as I walk out the door. I almost forgot to mention... For less money than Wal-Mart.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Patty that is different. And I said that I can understand WalMart's policy of ID-ing if the customer appears to be less than 40. But I'm 70 years old and I figure that I've earned the right not to be treated like a teenager if I buy beer.

People have said that I should be flattered that a clerk asks me for ID. Bullcrap. It's downright insulting.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Patty that is different. And I said that I can understand WalMart's policy of ID-ing if the customer appears to be less than 40. But I'm 70 years old and I figure that I've earned the right not to be treated like a teenager if I buy beer.

People have said that I should be flattered that a clerk asks me for ID. Bullcrap. It's downright insulting.

But you're a YOUNG 70...you dont look a day older than 68! :D

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Oh I wasn't saying you should be flattered. No one is dumb enough to actually believe either of us is 20 any more. Mostly just commenting that I apparently don't judge age all that well ... 😉😂

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just remember; thieves are the cause of all of this. Sure the big stores don't pursue like they should, but thieves are the root cause of so much wasted human time and energy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom