Walmart Receipt Checker Has a Voice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was there some recent event that spurred this?
WallyWorld is fighting shrinkage...theft. Also, they have become a DIY shopping experience. Haven't received any training and don't get a pay check, but now I have to do the checkout/bagging work for employees that think they deserve $15/hr for sucking wind, having their head stuck in their phone, and ignoring customer needs. Ole Sam is spinning in his coffin for what has become of his vision. Often spend as much as an hour looking for someone to open the ammo cabinet to sell me only 3 boxes of ammo. Person with the cabinet key often leaves for lunch with key....so they claim. Why not put ammo cabinet at a checkout lane like they once did with cigarettes??? DUH...... Should change sign to ShittyWorld.......

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of you really live miserable lives and get angry over the smallest things. Maybe you need to get up early, watch a sunrise and think about what really matters in life. Showing a receipt at Walmart should not be high on that list, at least to belittle and be rude to someone doing their jobs. Thank the Lord they are at least working.

Remember this from Sunday school?: "In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you....."

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remember this from Sunday school?: "In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you....."

Leave me alone, I'll leave you alone.

Maybe the receipt checkers ought to take that Sunday School lesson, it seems obvious that a lot of people don't like being treated like a thief.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of you really live miserable lives and get angry over the smallest things. Maybe you need to get up early, watch a sunrise and think about what really matters in life. Showing a receipt at Walmart should not be high on that list, at least to belittle and be rude to someone doing their jobs. Thank the Lord they are at least working.

That isn't the point. It is the two-faced standards they have. They will not confront the obvious thug thieving merchandise right out the door but pick on the low hanging fruit, if-you-will, of people that statistically will comply with the person who is unlawfully questioning their integrity.

I realize it is just a minor inconvenience to some but in these times with all the rights of people being ignored and trampled on, it is also our low-hanging-fruit to resist and not comply with an obvious affront to us honest folks.

Your quote above is the golden rule, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" and first should be applied to Wallyworld as they are the first offender of that rule.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That isn't the point. It is the two-faced standards they have. They will not confront the obvious thug thieving merchandise right out the door but pick on the low hanging fruit, if-you-will, of people that statistically will comply with the person who is unlawfully questioning their integrity.

I realize it is just a minor inconvenience to some but in these times with all the rights of people being ignored and trampled on, it is also our low-hanging-fruit to resist and not comply with an obvious affront to us honest folks.

Your quote above is the golden rule, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" and first should be applied to Wallyworld as they are the first offender of that rule.
Maybe things have changed but when I did shop at Wally-World (I seldom do now) the door greeters never forced me to do anything. They never trampled on my 'Rights'. They never belittled me. They simply asked to see my receipt,, which I either showed to them . . . or not.

Way too many people are getting way too offended over way too many things that are in reality, not even an issue worth fretting about. Especially considering that they're addressing their anger towards a (usually) retired senior citizen that is working their ONLY for the extra money they need to pay for their rent or utilities. Write management about your dissatisfaction, don't take it out on the little guy just trying to do the job he/she is required to do.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe things have changed but when I did shop at Wally-World (I seldom do now) the door greeters never forced me to do anything. They never trampled on my 'Rights'. They never belittled me. They simply asked to see my receipt,, which I either showed to them . . . or not.

Way too many people are getting way too offended over way too many things that are in reality, not even an issue worth fretting about. Especially considering that they're addressing their anger towards a (usually) retired senior citizen that is working their ONLY for the extra money they need to pay for their rent or utilities. Write management about your dissatisfaction, don't take it out on the little guy just trying to do the job he/she is required to do.

But...

...some people seem to just want to be offended. Maybe they secretly want to be victims?

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think ChinaMart needs to put the money where their mouth is.

I firmly believe that Chinamart's executives need to get their asses in a store every darn week for a few hours. Every single one of them, male or female.

The CEO, President, Board Members, and all those executive VP's need to spend a few hours a week at the doors greeting people and checking those receipts. They should take a few hours a week at rounding up the carts from the parking lot and bringing them in, cleaning the crappy restrooms, stocking the shelves, things like that. Lead by example, see what is really going on, having to see what the common workers have to go through working for ChinaMart in a ChinaMart store. Executives have no idea what is really going on in their stores, it's probably like being in the Ivory Tower. They should have to spend time every week seeing how not just the customers, but also the lowly employees, have to live with and work within the system they create.

Latest posts

Top Bottom