Walmart Receipt Checker Has a Voice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think ChinaMart needs to put the money where their mouth is.

I firmly believe that Chinamart's executives need to get their asses in a store every darn week for a few hours. Every single one of them, male or female.

The CEO, President, Board Members, and all those executive VP's need to spend a few hours a week at the doors greeting people and checking those receipts. They should take a few hours a week at rounding up the carts from the parking lot and bringing them in, cleaning the crappy restrooms, stocking the shelves, things like that. Lead by example, see what is really going on, having to see what the common workers have to go through working for ChinaMart in a ChinaMart store. Executives have no idea what is really going on in their stores, it's probably like being in the Ivory Tower. They should have to spend time every week seeing how not just the customers, but also the lowly employees, have to live with and work within the system they create.
Yep, agree completely. Automobile engineers should be required to spend a year as a mechanic after college before allowed into the automotive field as well.
Our vehicles would be much simpler to work on.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where do you get the idea that they do not know what life is li,e in any given store?
I think he may be thinking like the TV series of Undercover boss or undercover millionaire. Those folks sit in an ivory tower, finally having to visit their stores as a worker and see what needs improved.
It's an interesting program as sometimes they can't believe the policies they have in place which were more than likely instituted by middle management employees. They correct them which is a good thing.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I suspect that knowing that there is an effort to check receipts at the exit has some of the same effect of seeing a trooper parked in the median of I-40. It would be interesting if there was a comparison of shoplifting losses of stores with checking vs. those that do not. There must be some benefit or they probably would not spend the wages to have the employee there.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I suspect that knowing that there is an effort to check receipts at the exit has some of the same effect of seeing a trooper parked in the median of I-40. It would be interesting if there was a comparison of shoplifting losses of stores with checking vs. those that do not. There must be some benefit or they probably would not spend the wages to have the employee there.
There is a grain of truth in that, for sure.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I'm just not that fragile or snowflakey.

To each their own.

I won't take out on an employee what should be taken up with an employer.
Excellent point that proves my stance. I ignore exit-door employees, and if a management-type wishes to come out to the parking lot to "discuss" the situation with me, I'll "talk" to him/her. Once. If he/she gets pissy and invites me to take my business (well over $18,000 per year) elsewhere, I'll gladly do so.

Other than that, I will NOT be treated like an already-convicted criminal. Under any circumstances. Ever. Period. (As a 70-year-old combat veteran, family man, business owner, tax-payer, responsible gun owner/citizen/voter, who has never had any trouble with the law... I've damned-well earned my position in society, as well as the right to be trusted and treated with common courtesy/dignity- and if THAT is your definition of "snowflakey," then you're the one with the problem.)

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Excellent point that proves my stance. I ignore exit-door employees, and if a management-type wishes to come out to the parking lot to "discuss" the situation with me, I'll "talk" to him/her. Once. If he/she gets pissy and invites me to take my business (well over $18,000 per year) elsewhere, I'll gladly do so.

Other than that, I will NOT be treated like an already-convicted criminal. Under any circumstances. Ever. Period. (As a 70-year-old combat veteran, family man, business owner, tax-payer, responsible gun owner/citizen/voter, who has never had any trouble with the law... I've damned-well earned my position in society, as well as the right to be trusted and treated with common courtesy/dignity- and if THAT is your definition of "snowflakey," then you're the one with the problem.)
I am a 71 year old [Vietnam] Veteran, family man, retired business owner, tax payer, and responsible gun owner/citizen/voter that has also never had any trouble with the law and have learned to view the 'whole picture' and not just where ME fits in it . . . and that 'view' shows me that some (probably just above poverty) retired peasant is working at a place they would rather not work at, tasked with doing a menial job they would rather not do, in order to get a crappy paycheck and little to no benefits. The last thing they need in their difficult enough lives are a few 'entitlment believing' a-holes giving them a bunch of chit for doing the job they are required to do.

Instead, how about not taking the 'attitude' out on these receipt checkers (personal punching bags) and instead letting management know that you are not happy with their policy of checking receipts OR just find some other place to shop that better suits you.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a 71 year old [Vietnam] Veteran, family man, retired business owner, tax payer, and responsible gun owner/citizen/voter that has also never had any trouble with the law and have learned to view the 'whole picture' and not just where ME fits in it . . . and that 'view' shows me that some (probably just above poverty) retired peasant is working at a place they would rather not work at, tasked with doing a menial job they would rather not do, in order to get a crappy paycheck and little to no benefits. The last thing they need in their difficult enough lives are a few 'entitlment believing' a-holes giving them a bunch of chit for doing the job they are required to do.
Last time I looked, "not taking the 'attitude' out on these receipt checkers" (ie, ignoring them) and "letting management know that you are not happy with their policy" is precisely what I just described my position to be.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
“No one is suspecting you of stealing …”

That is precisely what they are doing and that, to the honest folk not stealing, is insulting.

WM/Sam’s need to put stickers (like their obnoxious “happy face logo”) on items not in a bag so their risk management personnel at the door are not tasked with asking anyone with two 12 packs of Negra Modelo if they stole it,

Put everything in a bag (get bigger bags if needed) or give it a sticker and post a sign that says people with items not bagged or do not have a sticker will be asked to kindly show their receipt.

That and actually manning the surveillance cameras on every aisle would create better goodwill and minimize loss from theft.

Latest posts

Top Bottom