Walmart Receipt Checking Lawsuits Thrown Out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You folks do realize that the employee asking to see a receipt is only doing their job. Most of the time these are folks that would probably be on welfare if it were not for their Walmart job. Many of them could be veterans.

It only takes a second for us to be pleasant and show the receipt if asked.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a long winded story about differences in the walmarts. You can scroll on down now if you’d prefer.

I was at my local, kinda rural walmarts a couple years ago buying household cleaning supplies. (About the only game in town anymore is why, and it’s all I buy there) I noticed a lady looking at dog beds in a center aisle hopper on my way back and she was looking at her phone and at the tag on the bed, very intently. I had to go around the other side cause she was blocking my lane. I gathered up all my **** and headed to the checkout. I always go to a live person lane, and lo and behold this dog bed lady was in front of me. The checker scanned the beds and they rang up at like $40 each, I didn’t notice how much the shelf price was cause I wasn't buying dog beds. Lady showed checker her phone, checker called supervisor girl over, supervisor girl looked at phone and at register and told the lady, “you’ve got the Norman store pulled up, that’s their price not ours”. Dog bed lady says, “yes but I can order them online and get them shipped for free, and Norman is only 15 miles from here”. Super girl says, “yeah, our prices here are always higher on everything than Norman, Yukon, Mustang or OKC”. Dog bed lady says, “they’re 19 bucks there and $40 here? That’s insane, you can keep them”.

I told that story so I could tell this one, I thought all the walmarts had pretty much the same pricing all over. That apparently is not the case. Who knew?

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.
Nope, they priced by location.

In Lawton, there are price differences between Wal-Mart and ghetto-Mart.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll never have to worry about anyone checking my receipt at a walmart or sams.
It's getting to be around 4-5 years since I've been in one.
Everything that they sell is available elsewhere, so that is where I go. Mostly online retailers other than Walmart or Sams.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly. I'm old enough to remember the American flags next to the price sticker on the shelf indicating that the product was American-made. Sam took pride in this, and advertised it.

I won't say I never buy from Wal-Mart, but I can tell you they don't see me very often. I don't like the way they treat vendors, I don't like the support for foreign made products, and I don't like the way they treat customers.
True, but I remember not too many years ago when Walmart along with other stores had a big push to "Buy American", and then went on to stock their shelves with as much 'Made in the USA' products as they could find. Turned out to be a huge money-losing failure for the retailer because most people refused to pay the higher prices that American made products cost.
Walmart and other stores sell cheap foreign made stuff because that's what the American shopper wants.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
You folks do realize that the employee asking to see a receipt is only doing their job. Most of the time these are folks that would probably be on welfare if it were not for their Walmart job. Many of them could be veterans.

It only takes a second for us to be pleasant and show the receipt if asked.
Na, as you can see in the thread it is better to threaten assault, call them anything but human, and attempt to make them feel less than at each turn.

See that way you appear as if you are a tough internet keyboard worrior, and you will get likes from others that wish they were as cool.

For the record, I am with you...it is their (Walmart) house, I am a guest. I will act as a guest in someone else's house. Employees and all.

Try to make them smile, wife does that bring our own bags kinda thing too. Makes her feel better, and means I don't need to argue.

They ask me to see the receipt I dont need to make them feel uncomfortable, I know I didn't steal anything, but I smile with my eyes and tell them sure I can.

Tell them thank you and say I appreciate what you do, and look them in the eyes.

I ain't cool, just know what it is like to be called everything but a human being, and I didn't like it. So I won't repeat the cycle.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It couldn’t have anything to do with shrinkage
I think it has to deal more with where they will have the least conflicts more than shrinkage.

You think they have receipt checkers in Portland, or Cali? I know they didn't in SC when I was there Jan through March.

What really hurts is seeing that every Walmart has baby formula in a case. That doesn't sit right with me.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it has to deal more with where they will have the least conflicts more than shrinkage.

You think they have receipt checkers in Portland, or Cali? I know they didn't in SC when I was there Jan through March.

What really hurts is seeing that every Walmart has baby formula in a case. That doesn't sit right with me.
Door greeters/receipt checkers. They serve a purpose. And baby formula in a case is because of what I mentioned. Shrinkage.

People will steal anything. Personally, I think a lot of these problems could be solved if everything became delivery only. No more indoor shopping at these mega martS. Pay for it prior, then get it delivered. Then you wouldn’t have to worry about people going in the store and stealing things.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Door greeters/receipt checkers. They serve a purpose. And baby formula in a case is because of what I mentioned. Shrinkage.

People will steal anything. Personally, I think a lot of these problems could be solved if everything became delivery only. No more indoor shopping at these mega martS. Pay for it prior, then get it delivered. Then you wouldn’t have to worry about people going in the store and stealing things.
No, you wouldn't have to worry about them stealing from the store. You can just push it off to the consumer and let them get stolen from.

Look society works on rules. Some rules can be broken for the right reasons. A baby is hungry and in a panic yeah. They will steal to feed an infant.

Or you can order 350 bucks in food and what not, and the delivery driver gonna steal it. Happened to us twice because it can.

They delivered it again, I didn't lose anything. But that single mother doing deliveries. She lost her job, got her kids taken by DHS and she tried to bring it back to me.

Instead I paid for it again. Jail won't help someone that is stealing food you know? That is desperation that needs so human compassion.

Slowly and this has been very slow. People are interacting less and less each year. Humans are a social creatures. We need to interact unfortunately.

Ever seen what happens to people in solitary? Ever seen what happens to people that spend all their lives ordering what they need to be delivered to their house?

They don't end up well.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, you wouldn't have to worry about them stealing from the store. You can just push it off to the consumer and let them get stolen from.

Look society works on rules. Some rules can be broken for the right reasons. A baby is hungry and in a panic yeah. They will steal to feed an infant.

Or you can order 350 bucks in food and what not, and the delivery driver gonna steal it. Happened to us twice because it can.

They delivered it again, I didn't lose anything. But that single mother doing deliveries. She lost her job, got her kids taken by DHS and she tried to bring it back to me.

Instead I paid for it again. Jail won't help someone that is stealing food you know? That is desperation that needs so human compassion.

Slowly and this has been very slow. People are interacting less and less each year. Humans are a social creatures. We need to interact unfortunately.

Ever seen what happens to people in solitary? Ever seen what happens to people that spend all their lives ordering what they need to be delivered to their house?

They don't end up well.
It’s the future. There are stores that are shutting down and moving out of state because of thieves. California for instance.

Those women need to just get old school and plug that baby into a titty if they don’t want to buy formula like every other civilized working person. The amount of women that can’t produce milk is minuscule. Mamas milk is free.

You sound like you’re sympathizing with thieves, and feel bad for them. Maybe you need to start a charity and start donating formula seeing as you see the need to help deadbeats, not wanting to pay their way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom