WalMart Suspends Ammo Orders Pending Gun Control Decision

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats scary because Walmart was there for the committee meetings too. They obviously know something of what was discussed.

Might be a good thing. If they know there will not be any restrictions placed on ammo there will be no reasons for suppliers to raise prices. They could just be waiting for this come to light so they can hagle with suppliers with new orders.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why doesn't the author of the article call Wal-Mart to confirm the decision before posting a message from a blog as news and encouraging readers to call and confirm the decision? The recorded phone call sounds a little fishy and even so the guy answering the phone doesn't offer any information regarding the suspension of sales.

Their corporate headquarters is 1-800-925-6278 but I don't believe this story is true. Ammo orders are not placed on the phone at Wal-Mart. Wal-mart has the most sophisticated data and inventory system in the world. Orders would be generated automatically via sales/inventory not by a phone call.

Anything is possible these days and there may be validity to this but I would withhold judgement until an official source has made a statement.

Yeah, what he said. Really, a WM employee is going to record a phone call to HQ?

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just called WM HQ and spoke with customer service. They confirmed that they haven't yet made a public announcement yet but that there is more information on their corporate communications page on their website.

I politely told them that even though it would be difficult, if they take this action, I will boycott Wal-Mart and never set foot in their store again. I also told them I would actively encourage all of my friends and family to take the same action. I told them that it disgusted me that they would play a part in a political action designed to go against my 2nd Amendment rights.

She told me that she would pass these comments to the executive team, took my phone number and asked me to complete a quick survey on the call.

I ENCOURAGE ALL OF YOU TO DO THE SAME. OUR VOICES WILL ADD UP AND WILL COUNT.

CASTRATE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I talked to the chick at that usually works the gun counter at the Sapulpa wally world, and she said she can't get a straight answer from management on what's going on with their ammo situation. She's a hunter and I believe she shoots recreationally as well.

spacepiggy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom