Walmart to stop selling handgun ammo, ends open carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, looks like those 2A audits are starting to pay off...

Walmart ends all handgun ammunition sales and asks customers not to carry guns into stores
Walmart on Tuesday announced it will reduce its gun and ammunition sales, one month after more than 20 people were killed in a mass shooting at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas. Walmart also pressured Congress to enact gun safety measures.

The company, America's largest retailer, said it will stop selling handgun ammunition and ammunition for short-barrel rifles after selling all of its current inventory. Walmart (WMT) will also stop selling handguns in Alaska, the only state where it still sells handguns. And Walmart will request that customers no longer openly carry guns into its 4,700 US stores, or its Sam's Club stores, in states that allow open carry.

However, Walmart will continue to sell long barrel deer rifles and shotguns and much of the ammunition for those guns. Walmart will also continue to allow concealed carry by customers with permits in its stores....

Last edited:

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh yes, CNN...you don't disappoint. The title says, but the policy is that Wal-Mart is asking customers to not OPEN carry. There is a *slight* difference here.
"...asks customers not to carry guns into stores"

but the policy is that Wal-Mart is asking customers to not OPEN carry. There is a *slight* difference here.

More disturbing is the CEO's comment, "In addition, McMillon said that he would send letters to the White House and congressional leaders that "call for action" on "common sense" gun safety measures. McMillon said Congress should debate re-authorizing the assault weapons ban and expand background checks."

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh yes, CNN...you don't disappoint. The title says, but the policy is that Wal-Mart is asking customers to not OPEN carry. There is a *slight* difference here.
"...asks customers not to carry guns into stores"

but the policy is that Wal-Mart is asking customers to not OPEN carry. There is a *slight* difference here.

More disturbing is the CEO's comment, "In addition, McMillon said that he would send letters to the White House and congressional leaders that "call for action" on "common sense" gun safety measures. McMillon said Congress should debate re-authorizing the assault weapons ban and expand background checks."

yeah, headlines tend towards clickbait, but 1) fox didn't have its clickbait story up yet and 2) the average person probably doesn't care about the details since it wont affect them.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The onl
Well, looks like those 2A audits are staying to pay off...

The only thing I have purchased from Wal Mart in years has been ammo, that’s it I think I have purchased hunting/fishing license but my last 5 transactions with Wal-Mart have been for ammo. I am going to Wal Mart today to see if they are having a sale :)

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
upload_2019-9-3_12-26-38.png

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doug McMillan, CEO. Just announced that open carry is now prohibited in all stores and once current purchase contracts are filled all 223 and 5.55 ammo along with handgun ammo will no longer be sold.

What a D bag he is, and pushing for more gun control too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom