Walther 1911 in 22 Long Rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be curious too. GSG had a good model that eventually wore out, it became the Chiappa model. Browning was on Crack the day they priced their MSRP. And Ruger has only gotten halfway there.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't Walter 1911 the Colt made by Umarex? I could be wrong but I think it is very similar, if not the same as the GSG. I have the GSG that I got a really good deal on a couple years ago. There's a rimfirecentral thread by a guy that 20k+ rounds through it. I really like the GSG with a suppressor.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't Walter 1911 the Colt made by Umarex? I could be wrong but I think it is very similar, if not the same as the GSG. I have the GSG that I got a really good deal on a couple years ago. There's a rimfirecentral thread by a guy that 20k+ rounds through it. I really like the GSG with a suppressor.

I have one of those Remington owned Walther made for Colt 1911s. I have the GI model. Good fun. The reason I got it over the other brands was the fact that it was a full size instead of a 3/4 scale. Got it for a heck of a deal from CDNN Sports out of Texas. Also they had slightly higher capacity mags if I recall right. The prices they had were unbeatable and purchased a few extra mags there.

Over all I have had no issues with the Walther colt and I've probably had a thousand rounds through it now. Fun gun and cheeper than the ol 45. I'd recommend one of these if this indeed what we are talking about. They also have two other models that are pretty slick looking.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one of those Remington owned Walther made for Colt 1911s. I have the GI model. Good fun. The reason I got it over the other brands was the fact that it was a full size instead of a 3/4 scale. Got it for a heck of a deal from CDNN Sports out of Texas. Also they had slightly higher capacity mags if I recall right. The prices they had were unbeatable and purchased a few extra mags there.

Over all I have had no issues with the Walther colt and I've probably had a thousand rounds through it now. Fun gun and cheeper than the ol 45. I'd recommend one of these if this indeed what we are talking about. They also have two other models that are pretty slick looking.
Thank you so much. What brand of ammo does it like? 22 semi-autos are as finicky as Morris the cat.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes; that's the one. The one at my LGS doesn't seem to be too expensive either.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you so much. What brand of ammo does it like? 22 semi-autos are as finicky as Morris the cat.

I'm trying to remember the brands of ammo. Definitely CCI, Remington thunderbolts, Remington lose in the box. I don't use Winchester 22 much. To many duds in my limited experience.

I also have a MKII Ruger and this Walther pistol like the Ruger has eaten everything. I don't think I'd be fibbing if I said I don't remember any Malfunctions. In my experience they are good reliable 22s that look like the full size 1911s.

My only complaint is new guns in general have to much writing all over them

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Not quite the same. The Sig 1911-22 is a re-branded GSG 1911-22; the WaltherUmarexColt 1911-22 is a similar but different pistol. I had a GSG, the 5" model. 80% of the parts could be changed out with regular 'ol 1911 parts, (Series 80 style). Mine was slicked up with about everything you could do to it from an outfit well known in that circle called CW Accessories. I got the thing for like $229 new, put about twice that much in go-fast and look-cool stuff on it and it would shoot little bitty holes all real close to each other over and over and over again. It liked pretty much any ammo except that lousy Winchester .22 crap (assorted and all too frequent malf's) and it loved CCI MM's. It was one slick little racy .22! Then, as I have done all too often, I traded it off for some other toy cause I have Attention Deficit Disorder, DTS, and CRS syndrome among others. Dang I wish I had it back!

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not quite the same. The Sig 1911-22 is a re-branded GSG 1911-22; the WaltherUmarexColt 1911-22 is a similar but different pistol. I had a GSG, the 5" model. 80% of the parts could be changed out with regular 'ol 1911 parts, (Series 80 style). Mine was slicked up with about everything you could do to it from an outfit well known in that circle called CW Accessories. I got the thing for like $229 new, put about twice that much in go-fast and look-cool stuff on it and it would shoot little bitty holes all real close to each other over and over and over again. It liked pretty much any ammo except that lousy Winchester .22 crap (assorted and all too frequent malf's) and it loved CCI MM's. It was one slick little racy .22! Then, as I have done all too often, I traded it off for some other toy cause I have Attention Deficit Disorder, DTS, and CRS syndrome among others. Dang I wish I had it back!
Tell you what: you can shoot mine. That's right sports fans; I decided to get it. And like I do with most of my semi-auto pistols, when I got it home, I proceeded to field-strip it. And forgot that spring was under a lot of tension and Boyoyoyinnng! the recoil spring plug got lost. I still have the spring, and I contacted Walther CS, and they said they'd send me a new one.

So, as soon as the new plug gets here, I'll shoot it with a complete AAR.

Latest posts

Top Bottom