Walther Creed range report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am surprised. I know you don't like the glock trigger, but a lot of people do, once you get used to them. It's good to hear though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got used to them, shot them for many years.... just found that many platforms now have a better trigger from the factory, like Walther. :D

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll stick with my Glocks and 1911s but I did appreciate the review. I do believe the term "better" is somewhat subjective anyway.

Last edited:

spazzwarr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a new Walther Creed as I thought it worth buying as a house and garage gun. I also like my Walther PPS M2 LE so I was hoping I would feel the same about the Creed.

I did a cleaning and recommended lubrication of the Creed last night so I could be ready to take it out today. I took it to the gun range this morning before the heat came to try it out for the first time. I shot a combination of 150 rounds of 115 grain FMJ Federal and Perfecta ammunition.

The Creed exceeded my expectations. I expected it to be a solid performer as all of my other Walther pistols (Interarms imported PPK/S, PPS M2 LE) have been, but I didn't know I would like the trigger as well as I do or that it would be such a comfortable shooting and accurate pistol. I also like the feel of the grip and that it allows me to get a high hold on the gun.

The double action only trigger was the most pleasant surprise. The pull feels as crisp and smooth as my striker fired pistols. There was no sense of anticipating the hammer strike and it is so concealed I didn't even notice it. I also like how the trigger felt on my finger. It feels smoother to the touch and doesn't have the split trigger with a safety built in like many striker fired pistols do.

Accuracy was good all the way to the 45' I had to work with at the spot I was at on the pistol range. 15-30' were really good groupings. The Creed didn't feel as bulky or top heavy as my Springfield XD9 Subcompact does although they both carry 16 rounds. That may have to do with the weight of the Creed being spread over a larger slide.

Another fellow showed up at the range and asked what I was shooting. I told him and asked if he would like to shoot it. He said he had seen a positive review in Handguns magazine and so he shot about a dozen rounds through it. He was also really impressed with the trigger, how well he hit the target, and the lack of recoil. When he asked what they cost and I told him I got this one for less than $300 he asked for the source because he said at that price he couldn't pass it up.

Only time will tell if the Walther Creed proves to be a reliable pistol over the long haul, but for an initial impression it really does reflect on my experience with the Walther line of guns.
I have shot about 300 rounds through a Creed and really liked the gun and its trigger. I know there is a difference in size, how does the PPS M2 trigger compare to the Creed?

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't shot the PPS in a while, but I liked that trigger as well. I think the Creed trigger has a more definite and solid feel when it breaks than the PPS, but that is no knock on the PPS trigger. Maybe it has to do with the hammer fired Creed vs. striker fired PPS. Next time I get a chance to take the PPS out I will compare them...thanks for the idea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom