Walther PPK/S in .22LR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have one of these? I see they are a product of UMAREX, Walther's parent company. I'm a long-time fan of the original German and Interarms pistols in both .32 and .380 ACP, but am thinking about one of these rimfire models for plinking. Are they any good? Grabagun.com has them for $269 in black and $299 in a nickel finish.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have one of these? I see they are a product of UMAREX, Walther's parent company. I'm a long-time fan of the original German and Interarms pistols in both .32 and .380 ACP, but am thinking about one of these rimfire models for plinking. Are they any good? Grabagun.com has them for $269 in black and $299 in a nickel finish.
This i what I gave my charming frau, and she took it to two ENS gatherings.

I like it, but be warned that they are quite picky on ammunition. Teresa's likes Remington bulk oack but doesn't seem to do well with Winchester. Also I had to snd mine to a gunsmith because even with the Remington, it would very often FtF, FtEx,and FtReturn to battery. Then the 22 shortage hitand I was stuck with a gun I could n't shoot

It functions fine now and if it's kosher, I'll see if I can find thread where I did a review of it in the Kansas forum and post a link here.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This i what I gave my charming frau, and she took it to two ENS gatherings.

I like it, but be warned that they are quite picky on ammunition. Teresa's likes Remington bulk oack but doesn't seem to do well with Winchester. Also I had to snd mine to a gunsmith because even with the Remington, it would very often FtF, FtEx,and FtReturn to battery. Then the 22 shortage hitand I was stuck with a gun I could n't shoot

It functions fine now and if it's kosher, I'll see if I can find thread where I did a review of it in the Kansas forum and post a link here.

@gerhard1: Dang Gary, I must be getting old. I remember it now; when we went to the ENS up there in Enid. Duh. I shot it and everything even. I liked it. (I think; but do you remember?) thanks for kick starting my forgetfulness. I think I might go ahead and get one. Black or the nickel finish, you think? Teresa’s is the nickel right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a used PPK/S in .22lr about 3 years ago, traveled to OKC to buy (My daughter wanted to go to the OKC Museum of Art; Chihuly exhibit). In fact I bought some extra magazines from Cabela's in Edmond on the way home (Could of beat the price online, but Cabela's had hem in stock). I really like my PPK/S, excellent shooter, pretty accurate ( I can hit my 25 yard swingers, most of the time) -- For a time, It was in my range rotation. According to the Walther fact sheet it weights little over 19 ounces empty vs little over 15 ounces for my S&W Compact .22lr, but it feels like a lot more. Ammunition sensitive, as far a accuracy, so far had not had any FTE, FTF issues (probably jinxed myself). Seems to work OK with the bulk ammunition I have and use. GrabAGun has them for $269 plus shipping, beats the heck out of the used price I paid.
https://grabagun.com/walther-5030300-ppx-s-22-lr-3-35.html

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So; I had to take my Walther PPK/S shooting this afternoon -- Very Hot -- I was using some bulk Federal 36 grain that I bought at Cabela's. It comes in a plastic container marked BYOB started out OK then I had some FTE, Failure to feed, never used this ammunition on the Walther before, took out the S&W Compact .22 it ran great, I should of sprayed some lube on but it was to hot outside. I even had other ammunition, but I wanted to shoot my 10/22 ; I also brought my Kimber Ultra Aegis .22 conversion, it didn't like the bulk Federal either. Should of lubricated and gone with ammunition that previously worked fine -- but like I said it was very Hot, Very Hot !!!! -- On my 10/22 I installed a new Ruger BX trigger, can't really tell if the new trigger was any better than the older metal factory trigger, installed a new oversize bolt handle, easier to grab, but it ran excellent with the factory 10 round magazines, was using the same bulk Federal, worked fine, hit where the red dot was pointed, worked every time!

Latest posts

Top Bottom