Walther PPS M2 vs Glock 43

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got this PPS M2 in trade; it's pristine, like new even, and I am looking forward to getting to the range to shoot it and compare it to my G43. Anybody else have both? Or maybe how it stacks up as compared to the Shield? How about those who just have a PPS; Whattya think of them? It sure looks well built.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like my PPS a lot, it was my everyday carry gun before the P365. Easy to control. An odd shape to the grip, I initially thought, but it actually shoots very well. Mine's a .40, so it's a little snappier, maybe, but it never bothered me a bit.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My SIL has one. It shoots great and is comparable to my Shield. The grip texture is better on the PPS but Talon grips fix that for cheap. They're good guns, I'd pick one over a Glock every day of the week for the ergos but finding mags and holsters isn't as easy so that may be a factor. Another thing is it likes full house brass cased ammo, not the cheap steel case schizz. If you run WWB make sure it's the better 124gr NATO as it'll probably choke on the 115 WWB. After you have some rounds through it, it'll probably be fine. They're like H&Ks just different.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No exp with the G43, but;

The PPS M2 feels better in the hand and shoots marginally better than the Shield. JUST marginally.

I currently carry a PPS M1 but am switching to the Shield. I chose the Shield over the PPS M2 because you cannot get a threaded barrel or +2 mag extensions for it. You can for the Shield

@Shadowrider I havnt had that experience with cheap or steel cased ammo with mine (M1) You have a M1 or M2 PPS?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No exp with the G43, but;

The PPS M2 feels better in the hand and shoots marginally better than the Shield. JUST marginally.

I currently carry a PPS M1 but am switching to the Shield. I chose the Shield over the PPS M2 because you cannot get a threaded barrel or +2 mag extensions for it. You can for the Shield

@Shadowrider I havnt had that experience with cheap or steel cased ammo with mine (M1) You have a M1 or M2 PPS?
M2 is what he has. They are the same except for texture and the mag release no? I honestly don't know the variations of Walther. German made guns are generally spec'd for 9mm NATO type loads and Walther uses the European stepped 9mm chamber as does H&K in my P30. The Walther Q5 (he has that one too) is an exception but it's marketed as a match gun and is sprung lighter than normal.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
M2 is what he has. They are the same except for texture and the mag release no? ...

Another pretty big change was the elimination of that whole backstrap thing from the 1.0 to the 2.0 . I have only shot a "Classic" as they are now called, maybe twice, but that backstrap was kind of an issue to some people, I believe.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
M2 is what he has. They are the same except for texture and the mag release no? I honestly don't know the variations of Walther. German made guns are generally spec'd for 9mm NATO type loads and Walther uses the European stepped 9mm chamber as does H&K in my P30. The Walther Q5 (he has that one too) is an exception but it's marketed as a match gun and is sprung lighter than normal.
If its not working with WWB or steel cased ammo, Id have it looked at.

I dont know if there is anything else, mechanically different between the M1 and M2 other than the mag release and frame. Either way, it should still fire cheap stuff. I put 4 boxes of WWB and 500rds of Wolf Polyformance through mine. Ran just fine

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"If its not working with WWB or steel cased ammo"

- I'd sure be looking at something. I don't shoot steel, my local range doesn't allow it anyway. But...

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
By the way, I need a usable holster to get me by until I decide if this pistol is for me or not. If it is, I'll order a custom rig, if not, you will see it posted in the classifieds. I guess I'll post in the WTB for a holster, maybe somebody here has one they can part with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom