Walther warratee on magazines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just FYI, Was just on the phone with Walther for a half functional CCP magazine. I was told that for magazines there is only a 1 year warrantee. I asked to speak to the manager and he confirmed, 1 year for Magazines.

This kinda surprised the hell out of me. Walther magazines are pretty WELL made so Im not understanding why only a 1 year warrantee. On top of that, they are kinda expensive too.

Very disappointed in Walther. May not be buying any anytime soon, that's for sure.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't even know gun companies have warranties on magazines. Always figured mags were just a use and replace item, and to hear that their warranty which I never expected to begin with lasts a full year sounds fine to me. I really expect the actual firearm to be warrantied for life of at least the original owner, but the mags? Nah, I don't dock any points from them for their policy.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was it Walther in Ft Smith you talked to? I am sort of surprised, here a few months back, I busted the safety drum in an Interarms PPK/S. I mean it sheared right in half. They said ship it to them, I did, and about a week later, it was back and fixed, all for free. I also had a problem with the safety lever dropping from fire down to safe on a pp series gun too (actually had that exact issue with 4 pp series guns). Walther Ft Smith has sent me parts for free to try to fix it myself a few times. I finally gave up as the whole safety design is in my mind, upside down.

I wonder if Umarex is at play here, the CCP is Umarex made, not really Walther made. I mean, I know Umarex bought Walther out, but some guns are still made in Ulm, and some, which may only have the Walther name, are made in the same factory where Umarex makes air soft and B.B. guns. I’d try contacting Umarex and see what they say.

Sorry about the issue, bad mags suck the life right out of ya. And can be the death of you too!

On the other hand, I’ve bought new 1911s in the past and one of the first things I did was replace the factory junk mags with Wilsons. I see where Rusted Beef has a point about it. I guess I never assumed the mags were included in a pistols warranty. But then, thinking about it, Glock did replace the original G43 mags for free if you’d agree to send the old ones back upon receipt of the new ones. At least that’s what they did with me and my 43. So maybe it depends on the manufacturer? Glock makes their own mags, the Walther CCP? I’m not sure. Somebody mentioned MecGar; that’s probably it. I’d still contact Umarex just to see what they say. Remember; you catch more flies with honey than poop. Sugar talk ‘em; maybe they’ll take care of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's right, ya'll go ahead on and make fun. Yuck it up good now. My momma used to say that to me when I was little kid. Don't really know if it's true, but somebody oughta spread out a big patch of honey in one spot, and an equally big pile of poop in another and then count the number of flies that gather at each spot over a selected period of time., say...an hour. I'd chip in a dollar for the honey if anyone will volunteer to conduct the experiment and report the results here, for everyone's edification. I know you guys have heard the same thing, so let's get the experiment done and then move on to the next thing that is on the list of "Challenged Old Sayings":

- Is it "butt-naked" or "buck-naked"? That's another one has me scratchin' my head... :scratch:

As far as poop, there's plenty of BS available right here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom