Wanamaker Gun Show Tulsa - who's going?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea, funny thing about those ATM's, we were waiting in the food line right next to one. One guy was complaining to everyone that it only let you pull out $200 at a time. So either his account was tapped out or they were really screwing people on those. I want to say someone mentioned an $8.00 fee
$8 fee! Damn that's pretty rough, sounds about like strip joint fee's

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At the show now,break for lunch.

Not crowded at all, almost nobody wearing a mask.

More empty tables than I'm used to. Talked with one vendor, he had 8 tables. 5 were empty. He sold 5 tables full of guns yesterday.

Can't get used to $1000+ for a SW 19. Cheapest Model 10 I've seen is $750.

For the prices I saw yesterday on S&W revolvers I should have took my 66-1 and made a little profit to put towards another gun. Missed the show today decided to go to work instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went today, wasn't too crowded, but at times it was fun walking through the aisles. Prices were insane. Most .357 revolvers I saw were from $800 and up to $1200. Saw a PX4 9mm full size with no case, no mags, nothing else and they wanted $585.00 for it, and it looked like it went through the wringer. A Taurus P22 was going for almost $400 when I paid $225 for one, brand new, at Academy last year. Price on ammo was about the same as I've seen it, almost $1 a round regardless of caliber. The only decent deals I saw were some AR build kits, everything except the stripped lower, for 499.00. Saw PSA stripped lowers going $100.

All in all I paid 10 bucks to look at stuff. Plus 15 bucks for some jerky and 20 bucks for two jumbo corndogs, a bottled water and a large tea.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother said to put our admission fees in the gas tank and drive to OKC's Sooner State Pawn and we would get better deals.
You just have to really look, I bought some factory .300 Weatherby and some Buffalo Bore .45 Colt ammo for next to nothing, the difference between the big show and these rinky dink ones here in Okc is that people come from all over the country to sell stuff they don't like driving all the way down here and paying $175 a table and not making a dime and taking there stuff back. Last time I was in sooner state pawn they wanted like $65 a box for 45/70, I bought 2 boxes yesterday for $60. Thats why these shows are terrible around here, it's a money grab. In Tulsa if you look hard enough you will likely find a deal, I've been going for 25 years and have never come home feeling like I was ripped off, that's why I quit going to shows at the fairgrounds here, you get ripped off going through the door!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back myself. What a joke, for the most part. I did manage to pick up a new pocket knife, and a stupid impulse buy - a Spanish FR-8. I did buy the cheapest box of .45-70 I saw at the show, for a whopping $50. Most of it I saw ranged from $65-$85 a box. Asinine. 10mm ranged from $45 to $80/box, Remington Thunderbolt .22 @ $90 a brick. SKS rifles are now pushing the $1000 mark, many over that. The only deal I saw (and I should have bought to eventually resell) was an SKS Sporter that took AK mags for $599. It was gone when I went back by. There were two others at $900 and $1100. Two Scar 17s, one unfired listed at $5700, another one elsewhere with a Nightforce scope on it for $6200. WASR AKs are in the $1500 range, and even M44 Mosins were north of $500. Did see some rarer stuff that could help justify the higher prices, but not that high.

Saw Perplexed, and it looked like his lady was working a deal with a dude in a black hat for a Garand. Was going to give him a "hey", but figured when folks are doing business, leave them alone.

Is your FR8 in 308 or unconverted? If still 8mm I have 20rds surplus you can have if we can get it to you.

Looks like nobody found something they would trade for my Shield. I had an offer for a full size 1911 in 9mm I may have to take and see if I can find a pancake holster for.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This says it all. $1.80 a round for target ammo.

A82F6BAC-24AB-404A-A10F-A165950E31FD.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom