Wanamaker Gun Show Tulsa - who's going?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not understanding why these dealers pay for a table. Hotel. Food. Gas. Time. And then can’t figure out that people aren’t gonna stupid pay prices for their goods. Wouldn’t it make more sense to lower prices and be the “The Table” instead of being out all that money and effort?

Most of them think they can strike it rich while people are desperate. If everyone stocked up before the next panic and did not buy when the prices are jacked, this BS would tame down.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You just have to really look, I bought some factory .300 Weatherby and some Buffalo Bore .45 Colt ammo for next to nothing, the difference between the big show and these rinky dink ones here in Okc is that people come from all over the country to sell stuff they don't like driving all the way down here and paying $175 a table and not making a dime and taking there stuff back. Last time I was in sooner state pawn they wanted like $65 a box for 45/70, I bought 2 boxes yesterday for $60. Thats why these shows are terrible around here, it's a money grab. In Tulsa if you look hard enough you will likely find a deal, I've been going for 25 years and have never come home feeling like I was ripped off, that's why I quit going to shows at the fairgrounds here, you get ripped off going through the door!

While I didnt go this time, this is 100% my feeling on it. I've always had luck even with my limited interests.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This says it all. $1.80 a round for target ammo.

View attachment 201172
Glad people were not paying that and let it lay there, I tend to stay away from dealer tables most of the time. I like the tables that look like someone cleaning there cabinets out, that's where you find bargains.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is your FR8 in 308 or unconverted? If still 8mm I have 20rds surplus you can have if we can get it to you.

Looks like nobody found something they would trade for my Shield. I had an offer for a full size 1911 in 9mm I may have to take and see if I can find a pancake holster for.
It's in .308. I appreciate the offer, though.

Went back Sunday and brought home another box of 45-70. Was missing 2 rounds, but bought it for $40. It's 405 grain, and I've been wanting a few "cannon ball" rounds, just to try out. Another guy had Hornady 325gr LeverRevolution he said he'd sell me for $50, but I never went back. Probably should have.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I talked my friend that wanted to come up for the show off the ledge, and we ended up working and getting a big job finished. From what I’m reading here, it was a wise decision for us, but it does sound like there was stuff selling even at the “rip your head off” prices. Go figure...:scratch:

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I talked my friend that wanted to come up for the show off the ledge, and we ended up working and getting a big job finished. From what I’m reading here, it was a wise decision for us, but it does sound like there was stuff selling even at the “rip your head off” prices. Go figure...:scratch:

Keep in mind that, last month alone, there were over 4 million NICS requests by mostly newcomers to our beloved hobby. They're buying guns with little, or no, available ammo. The gun show remedied that immediate problem albeit at unreasonable prices. After all, our primary market philosophy is "whatever the market will bear."

Latest posts

Top Bottom