Wanenmacher gun show April 1-2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Excitement level for upcoming Wanenmacher

• Well Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 40 42.6%
  • Meh

Votes: 30 31.9%
  • Gotta mow the yard

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Wake me up when it's Monday

Votes: 15 16.0%

• Total voters

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My gf and I got there around 11 AM, and we parked at the racetrack. We didn’t mind walking, so that was no big deal for us. Fair line waiting to get in the door, and we both thought the crowd was a bit thicker than the last couple of shows. She got a new pair of custom ear plugs from the vendor at the far eastern end, lower level, and we shared a bratwurst from the vendor on the upper level, south side. Other than those, we didn’t buy anything, but we had fun looking at the neat stuff on display, skipping aisles here and there and being done by 2:30. I did stop to look at the prices on some Garands and 03’s, and I thought the vendors were smoking something! $2500 for a mixmaster postage stamp IHC with wear in the barrel, and someone had a pair of replica 03A4’s for $3000 and $3400, with incorrect scopes. That was obscene, and it made me wonder if some people really were that stupid they’d pay those prices. We did wonder about the wares that Action Arms had on their tables - I could have sworn the same three Sig pistols from the last show were there this time around. I noticed because I‘ve had my eye out for a P220 Legion DA/SA in 45, and they had one in SAO and a DA/SA in 9mm, which I remembered from last fall. It’d be an odd coincidence if those two were new at this show…

User_3155

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was actually surprised at the amount of blued / wood firearms. Which was ok by me, but if you didn't have a minimum of $1,000 dollhairs in your pocket, you probably shoulda just stayed home and mowed the yard.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I was actually surprised at the amount of blued / wood firearms. Which was ok by me, but if you didn't have a minimum of $1,000 dollhairs in your pocket, you probably shoulda just stayed home and mowed the yard.
I should have taken the two I hauled with me in. I got there and decided not to lug them around.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My gf and I got there around 11 AM, and we parked at the racetrack. We didn’t mind walking, so that was no big deal for us. Fair line waiting to get in the door, and we both thought the crowd was a bit thicker than the last couple of shows. She got a new pair of custom ear plugs from the vendor at the far eastern end, lower level, and we shared a bratwurst from the vendor on the upper level, south side. Other than those, we didn’t buy anything, but we had fun looking at the neat stuff on display, skipping aisles here and there and being done by 2:30. I did stop to look at the prices on some Garands and 03’s, and I thought the vendors were smoking something! $2500 for a mixmaster postage stamp IHC with wear in the barrel, and someone had a pair of replica 03A4’s for $3000 and $3400, with incorrect scopes. That was obscene, and it made me wonder if some people really were that stupid they’d pay those prices. We did wonder about the wares that Action Arms had on their tables - I could have sworn the same three Sig pistols from the last show were there this time around. I noticed because I‘ve had my eye out for a P220 Legion DA/SA in 45, and they had one in SAO and a DA/SA in 9mm, which I remembered from last fall. It’d be an odd coincidence if those two were new at this show…
Not to mention some of the cartouches were “suspect”

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
gunshow counceling rates.png

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sunday only, That's just stupid. You get stamped on Saturday and it's good for both days. Or it was in the past.
Not good for both days any longer. Or that's what I was told by gate workers. If any consolation though, Sunday is at the old $10 fee while today was $15...
They don't mind and certainly won't miss me but my wannenmache days may be over.
I quit setting up last Fall and things aren't looking any better. Guess I'm getting old???

Latest posts

Top Bottom