Wanenmacher gun show April 1-2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Excitement level for upcoming Wanenmacher

• Well Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 40 42.6%
  • Meh

Votes: 30 31.9%
  • Gotta mow the yard

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Wake me up when it's Monday

Votes: 15 16.0%

• Total voters

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before May of ‘86 it was like a cross between the Harvard faculty lounge and the Nitro Circus. The collectibles have full achieved collector pricing so there’s not much left for me now. I used to go buy my bulk ammo there before the internet was a thing. Now it’s cheaper online.

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went after lunch on Saturday. Some of the early birds were already leaving, so found a good parking spot without much effort. As expected, prices were generally on the high side of retail, but I scored a legitimate deal on some hard-to-find ammo, and picked up a nice SureFire weapon light I'd been looking for at about half of Ebay/Gunbroker pricing. But what really made it worthwhile was running into friends that I seldom see in person outside of a major gun show.
Also, I agree with the previous comments about backpacks. A few years ago they banned the wheeled carts some folks used to drag around, which helped with navigating the aisles. They need to do the same with the giant backpacks that seem to have replaced them.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went after lunch on Saturday. Some of the early birds were already leaving, so found a good parking spot without much effort. As expected, prices were generally on the high side of retail, but I scored a legitimate deal on some hard-to-find ammo, and picked up a nice SureFire weapon light I'd been looking for at about half of Ebay/Gunbroker pricing. But what really made it worthwhile was running into friends that I seldom see in person outside of a major gun show.
Also, I agree with the previous comments about backpacks. A few years ago they banned the wheeled carts some folks used to drag around, which helped with navigating the aisles. They need to do the same with the giant backpacks that seem to have replaced them.
Yep, I went Saturday and just about got the wind knocked out of me four or five times by guys making quick turns with backpacks swinging into my 71-year old gut. Also almost got a gun barrel to the face a couple times from shouldered firearms when guys make turns... No common sense it seems (just glad they don't have bayonets on them).

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ended up going to the show this morning. It was easy to get in and I was able to sell some accessories. I did have a nice time talking to the Larue folks and did buy a Larue C-Note rail mount sight. Not sure of the application for it yet?
All in all I could have spent some money if I wanted to. I have a thing for older 22 rifles and I saw several that were in great shape for the age and they were priced right.
Glad I went. I really enjoy looking around at all the unique firearms. (And people :) )

CPT Gene Mauch

You gotta creep
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was pretty whelmed.

As soon as we got inside some clown on a cart almost ran my daughter over, so she was stressing from the start.

Zero interest in the AR I was toting, not even tire kickers.

Only saw 1 rifle I've been wanting...for almost double what I'd pay from any store iirc.

We left after an hour, and the best part was making some dude and his gf happy when I handed him my extra tickets on the way out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom