Wanenmacher Report - anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it was kind of a strange day. Peeps that I thought for sure were going to Tulsa, didn’t. We were busy and NICS didn’t crash. Even with Bedlam, it was a great day. I’ll take the win.

Good point about Bedlam Hoov. Not very smart to schedule a show with that event going on. It's like people in Oklahoma who schedule a wedding on Bedlam day lol.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good point about Bedlam Hoov. Not very smart to schedule a show with that event going on. It's like people in Oklahoma who schedule a wedding on Bedlam day lol.

Wanenmacher schedules their shows well in advance of, and despite, any mere, trifling events such as Bedlam. Priorites, man!

Leggett71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please post your experiences, comments, and deals here. We’d love to know how the show is this time around!
Crowd wasn't too bad. Aisles were navigable. Got here at 8 and quite a few dealers didn't tables still covered- not good.
I lean toward mil-surps as you well know so Lots of garands, carbines & 1911's. Garand and carbine prices were reasonable, 1911's prices continue to climb. Saw some rare 1911's german proofed Norwegian 1914, couple of 1917 springfields, US GOVT colt aces all needed a lottery winner to purchase.
Big complaint, Lack of parts dealers, several regulars were not in attendance, guess they are doing more on-line and do not have to travel or getting older and can't. Original parts prices for mil-surp still climbing.
Lots of nice firearms to browse through, ammo seemed to be flying out the door on two-wheeled carts.
Agree with an earlier post the carts are out of control, really not much room for them in the narrow aisles.
Enjoy the show, well worth the time as always.

Leggett71

Leadlobber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I walked the whole show , finally found a Steyr Zephr II , the wood was very nice , length of pull was long .
Looked over some very nice Winchester 63's , saw some friends , bought some powder , good show .

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just wish I had been able to take more money, cause I came across several, several good deals, but after getting some of the stuff that I specifically went there for, I didn't have the money to do any "bargain shopping".
Came across a couple of gen 2 Kel-Tec sub 2000 (took glock 9mm 19 or 17 mags) that I would have bought in a heartbeat, if I had the extra $380.

Dad got a good deal on a S&W 642-2,
I got a great deal on a couple AR barrels,
My Uncle though, did not find what he was looking for, which was a 1911 mag with the lanyard loop.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1911's prices continue to climb. Saw some rare 1911's german proofed Norwegian 1914, couple of 1917 springfields, US GOVT colt aces all needed a lottery winner to purchase.

The surplus 1911-A1 prices were insane. There may have been deals to be had on Friday evening and early Saturday morning, but by the time that I arrived all that was left were pistols that were so grossly overpriced that negotiations weren't even feasible. I literally saw only two pistols that were acurrately priced, a handful that were 25% over market...the rest were priced 50%-100% high. The prices on surplus 1911's were a little more in-line with reality.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
All this depresses me
It's suggested the show conflicted with a football game? Maybe. But we're comparing attendance with past shows. For the last 8 years we've had a Manchurian Candidate President who absolutely did marvelous things for the gun industry. Now we have a President, something we haven't had for the prior 28 years.

That aside, I ride a motorcycle and play guitar. On my motorcycle and guitar forums the observation concerning the future of those activities is discussed. The new generation of males, millennials we call them, have zero interest in historically masculine activities. For the most part.

Their music is digital. They go to clubs and there's one guy with a sound system and a million music discs. Live bands are rare for that demographic.

They don't much like motorcycles. From what I read, they don't even drive. They also don't work, live at home, spend their time playing computer games, etc. And the American motorcycle market is suffering.

Ditto the above with guns. It's just not an activity they're (as a national demographic) interested in.

Anyway, that's my take on anthropological and demographical trends. I think my grandsons are going to find killer deals on firearms when they grow up. I also think they're not going to be much interested in guns when they grow up.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's suggested the show conflicted with a football game? Maybe. But we're comparing attendance with past shows. For the last 8 years we've had a Manchurian Candidate President who absolutely did marvelous things for the gun industry. Now we have a President, something we haven't had for the prior 28 years.

That aside, I ride a motorcycle and play guitar. On my motorcycle and guitar forums the observation concerning the future of those activities is discussed. The new generation of males, millennials we call them, have zero interest in historically masculine activities. For the most part.

Their music is digital. They go to clubs and there's one guy with a sound system and a million music discs. Live bands are rare for that demographic.

They don't much like motorcycles. From what I read, they don't even drive. They also don't work, live at home, spend their time playing computer games, etc. And the American motorcycle market is suffering.

Ditto the above with guns. It's just not an activity they're (as a national demographic) interested in.

Anyway, that's my take on anthropological and demographical trends. I think my grandsons are going to find killer deals on firearms when they grow up. I also think they're not going to be much interested in guns when they grow up.
My grandsons will be there for the pickings!! They don’t spend time in the house playing video games they are either outside playing or outside working or enjoying the great outdoors and both love it!

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I think you hit the nail on the head. This generation (which will include the one to follow just because generational identity carries through to the next) are not at all interested with anything that is not easy, free and don't take away from their video games. That's ok. SCREW'EM!
A massive shot of reality when their parents are gone and the free ride is over. Sure they will last a short time on some inheritance (those that get more than the house) but it will end and SHTF will be interesting. I won't be here to see it, but it will be remarkable.
Be grateful for those of you that have children/grand children that understand work and values. The weak will not inherit the earth, the strong and prepared will inherit the earth. That's how it works.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't find what I was looking for (Beretta PX4 .40 compact) but saw a lot of interesting items. Had a 1/4 hot dog covered in pulled pork and cheese (probably gonna regret that later). Enjoyed myself though I ended up not buying anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom