Wanenmacher Report - anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went Sunday to find some parts and accessories for stuff I already have. I didn’t find any wood S&W K frame grips for my 66. I saw plenty of the grips, but none I’m willing to pay $100.00+ for.

The crowds were smaller as I had hoped, but navigation from one side of the building to the other reminded me of playing the video game Frogger.

As usual, the stories the dealers tell their prey made me wish I had tall boots to wade through the BS.

snafu21

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As usual, the stories the dealers tell their prey made me wish I had tall boots to wade through the BS.

The table with the group helping Disabled American Veterans get their percentages bumped up sounded great till you hear the catch... They want payment equal to 5X the amount they "help" you get. Now that is some major BS right there preying on veterans.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I enjoyed the show. Good times, good people. There was an FN FAL with Imbel receiver on the bottom level that may end up haunting me though.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the stuff I seen said "rare'' or only made 1 year, I just didn't see any real bargains as compared to years past. I picked up a nice Leupold scope and some .327 ammo and that was it. Took two rifles that I priced fair and had a lot of lookers but no buyers. To me its turning into more of an antique collectors type show or something.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of the stuff I seen said "rare'' or only made 1 year, I just didn't see any real bargains as compared to years past. I picked up a nice Leupold scope and some .327 ammo and that was it. Took two rifles that I priced fair and had a lot of lookers but no buyers. To me its turning into more of an antique collectors type show or something.

It's always been an antiques collectors type of show (bottom lvl, at least). I know several people who come from Europe and all over the world to attend this one just for the antique firearms, that's one reason why it's so large.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's always been an antiques collectors type of show (bottom lvl, at least).

And thank goodness! The rare and unusual stuff is what sets Wanenmacher apart from the superabundant run-of-the-mill gun shows where most of the vendors have stuff you can find at any given LGS or online.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well done. I've been keeping my eye out for a Model 14. This weekend was too busy for me to fit in a trip to the gun show.
I saw many Model 14s there. Most were priced ~$700- $750, but there were more reasonable prices there.
Also, it seemed the fellows I spoke to were more willing to deal..., except the guy with the Finn M39.

I paid what I considered a fair price for the 14, then tried to use it in a trade for an N-frame 41 Mag. No dice.
Damn shame.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'll say that "kids" never significantly drove gunshow numbers and sales.

Millennials are not "kids." Millennials are today's age group from 22 to 37 and you could not be more mistaken. That age group is a major driving force in today's marketplace. And as a demographic, they're not into guns. Sales figures don't lie.

From what I've seen......"Millennials" do more live music than even my generation.

And you haven't "seen" more than a very small representation of music shows. Again, you're mistaken. As a national phenomenon, that age group is dominantly listening to a single dj with his own cache of digitized music. They get to hear a wider variety of favored songs and they like it that way. And musicians are profoundly aware of it.

As far as motorcycles go, I don't know much but damn they are expensive now.

Again, false. The BMW G310R, brand new, lists for $4,750. Harley Davidson Street starts at $6,700. And Craigslist is full of low mileage garage queens at low prices.

Again, this demographic is solidly uninterested in classically masculine activities. They're being programmed that way. "Educators" are condemning such things as "toxic masculinity" and have been doing so for decades.

Latest posts

Top Bottom