Wanenmacher Show in Tulsa “Reality Question”.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m going to go and pay the ridiculous entry just because I haven’t been in about 11 years. I am sure there will be nothing there I can afford. I’m gonna buy a magazine, or a pocket knife just to say I bought SOMETHING. So here’s my question.

How many of you guys will go just walk around and have a look see at all the overpriced goodies? Do you intend to purchase anything specific? Or just get out for a day?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IF they do have the show, my gf and I plan to go, just to walk around and point and laugh at the ridiculous price tags on stuff ;) I do plan to take the M1 Garand I have for sale in the classifieds, and I fully expect to sell it fast since, unlike the price tags on similar rifles at the show, mine will be a good deal for the right buyer.

We want to look at Hellfires with the OSP feature, and at P365XL’s. We have yet to handle the latter. But no buying unless, snort, a private seller has a realistic price tag on it.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just go to look, but there's always a chance I'll see something I want.

FWIW, last time I took a gun to try to sell, it took over an hour to get through the line with guns. Or you can get there an hour or hour and a half early and be near the front of the line. Either way, you're probably going to wait an hour to get in. I don't take them to Wanenmacher's anymore, I'll take one to the smaller gun shows but not into waiting that long to get one checked. Of course, your chance of selling it is much greater at Wanenmachers, so there's that.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t really have any “must have” firearms on my wish list. I’m a Smith and Wesson revolver junky. I would try to pick up one up if it was just a silly good deal. I’m doubting that will even be a possibility at the big show. You never know I guess. I promised to take my little girl to the mall after the show if she will go with me. I’ll have more fun watching her shop and go from store to store. She’s a shopper at heart.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The best deals are individuals that brought guns to sell or trade. You'll see dealers hanging out by the entrances trying to pick up bargains right after they get in the door. There are usually only about 20 businesses there to sell volume, and most of the tables are people showing off their collection (which I enjoy). It is a great place to find milsurp parts or to find that oddball rifle like a Winchester model 43 converted to 218 Mashburn Bee. I will be there since last year was a bust.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t expect to find any real deals on anything. If I go, I’ll be looking for different accessories, reloading stuff, maybe some knives or a bayonet for my Garand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom