Wanenmacher Show in Tulsa “Reality Question”.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Usually it’s me, and a group of retired guys my dads age that follow behind me as I act as the wedge. They complain about the “scooter people”. We only walk every other row. I bought a knife blank once.

oh, but the look on their face when I saw rusty Harris and walked up and started giving him crap was priceless. Took them a while to figure out we knew each other, much less liked each other.

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to go but I can't walk very far without having a coughing fit or run out of steam. I refuse to use a motorized chair because it would be a pain to the people I'd get in the way of.

Let them eat cake man! Go and enjoy yourself.

The motorized scooters don't bother me - it's the people who don't pay attention to where they're going, who cause obstruction and are general pricks are what bother me.

Ride a chair man, I don't begrudge people who have health conditions and NEED a chair - you deserve to have a good time and enjoy yourself, too.

Let me add myself to the list of folks suggesting that you go ahead and go. Shoot, if we weren't at near the point of doing our Summer work gig, I'd offer to drive you to the show.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The motorized scooters don't bother me - it's the people who don't pay attention to where they're going, who cause obstruction and are general pricks are what bother me.

Ride a chair man, I don't begrudge people who have health conditions and NEED a chair - you deserve to have a good time and enjoy yourself, too.

This right here. Go and have a great time!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, the scooters don't bother me either. If I have to wait on one, I just say a little prayer of thanks that I can still get around without one.

That's a really good point, man. We do often focus on the negative, how some people don't pay attention when driving these things, on people who are inconsiderate and block the aisles without even looking around, etc. But the truth is, if we're in good enough health to be up and walking around a massive show like that, lucky enough to be blessed with the show to begin with (remember, it's the only one of its kind in the world!), and wealthy enough to have time and money to spend just window shopping - we're already the most blessed people (as a nation) in the history of the world!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If someone has an honest need for them, then they should use them, as they have every right to be there too.

I just want to remind people that the negative scooter talk came after this....

Them scooters is the way to go. You have a basket to carry your stuff, a horn to clear the way, you get to sit all nice and comfortable with your own personal space. AND, it gives you a special satisfaction when you hear the crunch of toes breaking when people don’t move.

Respect and consideration goes both ways.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As others have said, if you need to ride a scooter then by all means use one.
I have never been to an actual circus in my life but if'n you like guns, ammo, etc then Wanenmacher is really
THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH.
Even in non crazy times everybody bitches about the prices but even if you don't buy, just tell yourself it's a really impressive gun museum.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I love going to the show. This just shows you what great people we have here supporting me going. I have a buddy that I've gone with several time's that has offered to use his phone to help show me thing's he knows I'd be interested in and get me to it but we all know the massive herd movement around the floor. He said he'd video as much as he can of the stuff I would like and that's good enough.
Thank all of you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom