Wanenmachers Gun Show This Weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
To what do you gents attribute the light attendance?

I don't know if I'd say the attendance was "light" as much as it wasn't crazy like in Fall '08 / Spr '09, and again after Sandy Hook.

What it was was slow. I saw very very few people carrying around ARs. Definitely a buyer's market for them. Despite the gun market as a whole being slow, it didn't seem prices were down much at the show.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't realize it until just now, I saw very few people carrying ARs also. Come to that, I saw only 1 Mosin-Nagant 91-30.

As for prices - I looked at revolvers, because that's what I'm interested in. Specifically S&W and Ruger.

It seemed to me that revolvers prices have softened somewhat. Most S&W K & L frames weren't as stupidly priced as I have seen, it seems those prices have leveled off.
I didn't see any 686's at $1250. I saw a few 6" 686's, around $800-850. Still too high, but not $1200. K-frames were $350-$700 for the most part, except the ones I was interested in - those being stupidly priced..
Found a very nice 6" 14-3, did a trade deal with the fellow, we both were happy.

I saw several 44Mag S&W 29s, most were ~$1050, but one was $825. That one was a 6" 29-2, without the "endurance package", but I seriously considered making an offer. The owner was disconsolate, he said that 5 guys had told him it was the cheapest Model 29 in the place, "....but none of them bought it !"
Neither did I.... if it had been a 29-3, well....

Rugers, well, I saw a Single 6, 3-screw, with the factory (#'s matched) Mag cylinder, for $375. I was sorely tempted. Sorely. He wouldn't come off it a dime, so he still owns it, as far as I know. Ya gotta give me something. Even a stick of Juicy-Fruit. Something.
Came home with a very nice 5.5" Redhawk, in 44 Mag. The guy was stubborn, but a final offer at 2pm on Sunday sealed it.

I just really enjoy that show. I go by myself, so I can chat with the vendors, or sit down for awhile. I go Sunday, less crowded usually.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I was carrying one, hoping to unload it. No one even asked about it, aside from a couple vendors who didn't even get so far as offering anything.

I didn't watch revolvers much, as I didn't have anything to spend unless my AR sold.

I did see a sweet Savage 99 take down in .300 Savage that had been beautifully refinished for $775. If my gun had sold that's probably what I would have come home with.

Also found this, which has apparently been out for a couple years without my knowledge:

SIG%2BSTGT3.JPG

Sig 1911 Super Target Nitron
https://forum.m1911.org/showthread.php?107349-SIG-1911-Super-Target-SIGs-newest-1911-offering

First 1911 that has caught my eye in years. Seriously the best feeling 1911 grips I've ever handled, and the pictures DO NOT do it justice. I WANT one!

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd say attendance lighter than normal. Lot of tire kickers, but I still had a decent show. However, I"m now convinced the April show is by far the most attended and best "selling" show---at least for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom