Wanna try a G43x?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did the same. That pin is a pain. The trick is to grab the trigger and pull it towards the beavertail while tapping the pin, otherwise it doesn't come out no matter how many hammer blows.
Found it out the hard way.

Also, use a chopstick or something like that to push down on the front end of the slide lock spring as it sits inside the frame at the same time. The pin should PUSH out, no pounding needed. Yeah, it’s a 3-handed job, bit it keeps you from resorting to a punch and hammer. Pushing down on the front of the slide lock lever from inside takes pressure off the pin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also, use a chopstick or something like that to push down on the front end of the slide lock spring as it sits inside the frame at the same time. The pin should PUSH out, no pounding needed. Yeah, it’s a 3-handed job, bit it keeps you from resorting to a punch and hammer. Pushing down on the front of the slide lock lever from inside takes pressure off the pin.

Everybody knows you don’t use a hammer on a finely fitted firearm like a Glock. Jeebus.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yes. Use a Glock tool, a 3/32 punch or a chopstick to push down on the front of the slide stop lever. While holding it in the down position, use the tool or punch to push the pin out. It’s takes a few tries to get the hang of it.

Never hit the pin with a hammer and punch. It can damage the pin and bend the slide stop lever. The grooves in the pin hold the slide stop lever in place and prevent side to side movement.

Latest posts

Top Bottom