Wannenmacher Gun Show Increases Table Prices!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope they can keep the show going. It would be a sad thing to see shows and dealers get priced out of holding events. I may be misremembering, but didn’t the Wanemacher show get bumped from its normal dates because of the big horse show that goes on in the fall. Seemed like the powers that be were heavily courting the horse show and the money that follows.

@harley128 make sure you post up where you’ll be located.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope they can keep the show going. It would be a sad thing to see shows and dealers get priced out of holding events. I may be misremembering, but didn’t the Wanemacher show get bumped from its normal dates because of the big horse show that goes on in the fall. Seemed like the powers that be were heavily courting the horse show and the money that follows.

@harley128 make sure you post up where you’ll be located.
I will be at 29-C ,,,,,,,,,, in upper level............... Stop by and say hi!

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd love to go just one more time, probably won't. The drive alone would be miserable and having to walk after that .

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can imagine with the price of EVERYTHING going up, that a price increase would be inevitable.
I will still attend and enjoy my time this weekend, I may or may not find something I cannot live without. Either way it is in my opinion, the BEST show around. Just thinking about it makes me giggle like a little kid. :)

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not that I want this to happen,
Cause I enjoy going to this gun show (no matter what gun or ammo prices are) & looking at things.
I've been going to Wannemakers gun show 2 times a year for about the last 20 years. I think I've only missed 3 in those 20 years.
If things continue to go they way it looks like they are trending, I may change my routine to only once a year.

I too have noticed the trend of not as many tables as it used to be. Some of the old time dealers that once filled the tables are no longer there & have no plan on coming back. One in particular that comes to mind is Powder Valley with all there reloading components.

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can remember before I starting setting up the rows of the knife collectors. My favorite memory was when A.G.Russel had 15 or 20 bladesmiths from all over the US there trying to set up the Blade Smith Society. Bill Moran was in the SE area upstairs doing rope cutting demos. All the supplies who used to come now not a one shows up now. Always enjoyed it attending or now setting up. Enjoy people watching.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Imagine, if you will; 3 gun shows and you will attend 1.

The Promoter must decide:
Tables
400 x $75 = $30,000
300 x $100 = $30,000
250 x $125 = $31,250

Expenses
Rent $12,000
Utilities $2000
Staff $7000
Security $1000
Insurance $4000
Advertising $4000

Most expenses are paid up front, regardless of "GREAT" the show is.

Admission
$6 x 3500
$8 x 2500
$10 x 1800

Higher price = less table and less people, which leads to fewer tables and fewer people, which leads to no profit and no show.

Promoter MUST make money. Maximum number of tables and people.
Affordable tables and PEOPLE maximizes numbers.
Attendance is based on price of admission and number of tables. Admission is a necessary evil. $5 will keep most riff raff out. $10 will turn customers away. Lack of and continuous diminishing tables prevent return customers.

It is a fine line. Long time promoters are few. An established name / show can / will fail quickly, when mismanagement and or greed take over.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom