Want a gas hookup in New York - Too Bad!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whether we like it or not, resources on this rock are finite. The world population continues to climb despite that fact. Absent a pandemic or world war, things are going to get lean eventually. Some people in specific areas are already feeling the pinch.
I totally agree with you but just as a side note when my dad came back from the Navy in WWII he enrolled in college at OSU in Stillwater.
Back then he was told that the world's known petroleum resources would be depleted by the 1970's so alternatives to fossil fuels would need to be found.
Technology to explore deeper and further into climates that weren't accessible just a few years ago have found vast new reserves. Now there has to be a further increase in production from those climates. They tried platforms used in the North Sea that were used to high winds and waves up to 100' tall in the Bering sea off Alaska and found they couldn't work there. Someone will come up with a design that will work.
Your right, sometime in the future the population will overcome the resources, but evolving technology will eventually win be it fossil fuel or alternative methods.
Mother nature and politics have ways to induce a correction.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I totally agree with you but just as a side note when my dad came back from the Navy in WWII he enrolled in college at OSU in Stillwater.
Back then he was told that the world's known petroleum resources would be depleted by the 1970's so alternatives to fossil fuels would need to be found.
Technology to explore deeper and further into climates that weren't accessible just a few years ago have found vast new reserves. Now there has to be a further increase in production from those climates. They tried platforms used in the North Sea that were used to high winds and waves up to 100' tall in the Bering sea off Alaska and found they couldn't work there. Someone will come up with a design that will work.
Your right, sometime in the future the population will overcome the resources, but evolving technology will eventually win be it fossil fuel or alternative methods.
Mother nature and politics have ways to induce a correction.
I get it, but I was just talking energy. Food, fuel, potable water, building materials. They all finite at some point.The faster the world population grows, the sooner that day comes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom