• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want to buy a Vortex venom 3 moa red dot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I tried to convert ya to Burris, well the Vortex is a great scope as well. Good luck!
Never shot behind either but have read and watched vids about the two. What is your opinion between the Vortex Venom and your red dot?
The new venom has the battery on the top and I'm set on the 3moa. The good thing is the footprint on the burris and venom I think is the same, so the milling should match up.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Agreed, I like the 3 MOA. i see no difference at all between the two, same price point, both have battery on top, same same.

I compared as well before I got this last week, I opted for the Burris only because my smith had on in town so no need to order. I later decided to just put my standard Ultradot on the gun so that all my guns have the same type sights.

Not sure on the milling, but I truly believe they are darn near identical. Mine has the adapter for the Picatinny rail with it, so I would have just clipped it on.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Agreed, I like the 3 MOA. i see no difference at all between the two, same price point, both have battery on top, same same.

I compared as well before I got this last week, I opted for the Burris only because my smith had on in town so no need to order. I later decided to just put my standard Ultradot on the gun so that all my guns have the same type sights.

Not sure on the milling, but I truly believe they are darn near identical. Mine has the adapter for the Picatinny rail with it, so I would have just clipped it on.
Thanks. I will have to order one from Optics planet (the Vortex) and they have a sale on them right now, but like I said, I have no experience with either and would appreciate any input about which is better as the price is about the same.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0

Latest posts

Top Bottom