• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

WANT TO BUY OR BORROW OR TRADE FOR BUCKET HOLSTER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osu007

AKA: Fat Jack, Believer in God
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Good day. Does anyone remember the old "bucket style" holster that was popular with a lot of law enforcement/OHP back in the 70's? Anyway, Looking for buy or borrow an old bucket holster for a k frame smith. Not necessarily with thumb snap. leather "thong/loop" would be good. Doesn't need to be pretty, just functional. Thanks,

BUCKET HOLSTER.jpg

osu007

AKA: Fat Jack, Believer in God
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I'm familiar with the bucheimer holster that is similar to the holster pictured.never heard it called a bucket though
That's what we called them back in the 70's. However, the ones back then did not have the thumb break. it was generally secured by a piece of leather lace. One innovative trooper made his with a spring loaded lever that would slide over the trigger guard in the front, preventing the holster from being taken out. However, it did not work so well when the spring sprung or got bent. He found out almost the hard way. There were several older OHP troopers that made them. Another maker was Art Garner. I still have what is left of one of his. Loved these holsters. Man could you ever get fast out of it. Time was, I could place a quarter on the web between my thumb and forefinger and hold it above my holstered mod 13. I could draw and fire two rounds before the quarter dropped through the holster and hit the ground. My mentor/teacher was the late and oh so great Dan Combs. Such fond memories. He was a Great Man, and Trooper. I still have photos of me with him from when I was a snot nosed kid.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Looper Leather Goods made those for many years. I’ve had several. Compared with modern holsters, they are heavy. When semi-autos became popular they faded into history. I still see one now and then in big boxes of used holsters at gun shows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom