Want to reload 9mm/.40S&W/223. Which reload machine you recommend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I certainly agree with the comments regarding a single stage. I started out with the RCBS special in 1980. It sets right next to my Hornady LNL, and gets a lot of use to pull bullets, make one or two loads to test and so on.

castleeleven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a little disappointed today. I signed up reloading class at Heartland and paid about 2 weeks ago and suppose to have it today. Went there prepared and cancelled all meeting/plan for weekend to attend this class. After waiting for 10 minutes and was told "tim" the instructor called and stated no class and no one sign up and will not be in to teach this class. Later they said it was a communication mistake that he thought no one signup.
So, he does not know when it will be a class now. Please give me some name and place that I can find a class in reloading in this metro area.

Thanks.

Nimaro

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know H&H does a reloading class and I have seen that Francis Tuttle does one as well. Youtube has great walkthroughs for just about most everything you will need to know as long as you don't have specific questions you need answered right away

thefenux

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may need to learn it from youtube from now, lol. Please recommend any link or books or reference too. thanks

I really like the Lyman reloading manual as a starting point. It's pretty thorough and doesn't lean too much toward one brand of equipment ir another. That's where I got started. If nothing else, it helped me ask the right questions of the reloaders I know.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Henry's in Yukon is offering a class pretty soon. Call em at 405-494-1318. Good guys and they have lots of equipment and components in stock. As far as books go look for the abc's of reloading its very informative.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I have four presses, Lee Single Stage, RCBS RS-5 Single Stage, Lee Turret, and Dillon 550. They all have uses, and all get used. My only question is this...

Where would I put my next press?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
NikatKimber, you may put your next one in my workshop. SHare the fun. LOL
7stw, I signed up class with Henry's . He is a very helpful guy.

LOL!

If you were in my area, I'd be glad to help you get going.

One thing I've found, is that most single stage and turret presses are pretty much bullet proof if you take care of them. And by that I mean keep them dry and oiled. Some are more robust, some easier to use, but they all work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom