Wanting to try out a competition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daDozer

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum here. I'm finding some really helpful information here. I've been shooting for quite a long time and have always been interested in trying out a competition just to see how I might do but I have never known where to really start. If it's possible I'd like to just run a couple stages before I were to jump into a full fledged competition. I'm unaware of any outdoor ranges near me ATM. Could anyone provide me some information or maybe help put me on the right path to get me started?

Thank guys!

CBarCRanch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum here. I'm finding some really helpful information here. I've been shooting for quite a long time and have always been interested in trying out a competition just to see how I might do but I have never known where to really start. If it's possible I'd like to just run a couple stages before I were to jump into a full fledged competition. I'm unaware of any outdoor ranges near me ATM. Could anyone provide me some information or maybe help put me on the right path to get me started?

Thank guys!
Where are you at, so we might be able to point you in the right direction.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ponca City is having their monthly USPSA pistol match this Saturday. We have new shooters every month.

Saturday will be here before you know it and it will be time to come to Ponca City for some USPSA fun.
Expect 8 stages with at least 175 rounds required.
Sign up will start at 8:40 and the match will start as soon after 9:00 as possible.
Preregistration can be done on PractiScore here: https://practiscore.com/ponca-city-ok05-march-2017-clone/register
Match setup will take place Friday at 3:30, come help if you can, it will be appreciated!
Also, don't forget to register for our High Cap Hose Down in April.
https://practiscore.com/ponca-city-high-cap-hose-down/register

DES

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since you appear to be in Moore, an option is to go to the OKC gun club steel matches, which require about zero preparation for an experienced shooter. While there, you can look over the cowboy action and USPSA bays, and get more info.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since you appear to be in Moore, an option is to go to the OKC gun club steel matches, which require about zero preparation for an experienced shooter. While there, you can look over the cowboy action and USPSA bays, and get more info.

The okc gun club steel challenge matches are on the third Saturday of the month.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Steel challenge is a great place to start.
I think okcgc steel match is going to be cancelled for march due to another commitment of the match director

Latest posts

Top Bottom