'Warning Signs' From Sandy Hook Promise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the things they warn about is--are you ready?-- what they call excessive fondness for guns!!

https://www.sandyhookpromise.org/pre...ograms#slide-1

Sandy Hook Promise is an organization that was founded by parents of Sandy Hook victims, devoted to prevention of school shootings, primarily, it seems, through taking guns away from folks like us.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
They really need to address the massive amount of bullying at school and on the net. These precious little pricks that parents are raising today are some ruthless little punks that know there will be no retaliation. When I was in school and you jacked with me, I either took or give an ass kicking, either way the bully went else where the next time. Today if you take up for yourself you pay the price!! The wussification of America is real!!

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will never understand society's need to coddle bullies. My kids were always getting in trouble not for bullying but for standing up for kids being bullied. How the ever-loving **** it is okay for administrators to admit that my kids were doing the right thing and then turn right around and want to suspend them while the bully walked away with a talking-to is beyond me. I know life ain't fair and all that jazz but come on ...

This stuff is absolutely ridiculous and gotten WAY out of hand. That said, I don't have any kids to fret about anymore. Thank God! Because I'd probably wind up in jail. I have a lot less patience with this kind of stupid stuff than I did back in the day ...

And NO I would not give up my guns ... If I had any, that is ...

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When "we" were kids and something embarrassing happened at school, usually not many people actually saw it. Those that were told of it didn't make a big deal of it, usually, and though teased, the teasing usually wasn't for a long time by few people.

Today, someone may video the incident, post it on several social media platforms where it can be shared by all who view it, those that didn't see it can now view it over and over again and the teasing isn't just local, people from all over the world can make snarky comments and the teasing can last for a long, long time.

That's a BIG difference!

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will never understand society's need to coddle bullies. My kids were always getting in trouble not for bullying but for standing up for kids being bullied. How the ever-loving **** it is okay for administrators to admit that my kids were doing the right thing and then turn right around and want to suspend them while the bully walked away with a talking-to is beyond me. I know life ain't fair and all that jazz but come on ...

This stuff is absolutely ridiculous and gotten WAY out of hand. That said, I don't have any kids to fret about anymore. Thank God! Because I'd probably wind up in jail. I have a lot less patience with this kind of stupid stuff than I did back in the day ...

I’m with you. I have a daughter in 9th grade who as been in trouble at school 6 times. First time was in kindergarten. A boy continually harassed her. One day he pushed her too far and she knocked him out of his chair with a textbook she was holding. That was handled with a simple phone call to me. 3 of those times, she was standing up for someone else. No repercussions. One time, 4th grade, she beat the living crap out of a boy that put his hands on her. We have a great principal who I respect a lot. She called and told me that due to the severity of the beat down (took 4 teachers to pull her off as she pounded his head into the floor), she had to give her detention. A whopping 2 hrs after school for a single day. . When I picked her up, I asked if there was any follow up needed. Principal said, nope. All is good. Then she whispered to me, “The boy had it coming.” I asked a few days later if the boys parents had complained? Principal said, “Really? If your son was beat up and bloodied by a girl, would you complain?”

And the last time she got in trouble, she was just being a hormonal beotch. That was all on her.

My point is, our principal has a lot of common sense and decency, and isn’t afraid to back a kid that is in the right. That is something lacking in most administrations these days.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First time was in kindergarten. A boy continually harassed her. One day he pushed her too far and she knocked him out of his chair with a textbook she was holding.
Awesome!

3 of those times, she was standing up for someone else.
Love one another, shows you raised her well.

One time, 4th grade, she beat the living crap out of a boy that put his hands on her.
Double Awesome.

And the last time she got in trouble, she was just being a hormonal beotch. That was all on her.
She's growing up, that's life.

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The rule I have taught mine is not “you’re not allowed to hit,” but “you’re not allowed to hit FIRST.” I follow that with “I will NEVER be mad at you for defending yourself, you might be made to leave school for a little while for finishing a fight somebody else started, but you will NOT be in trouble once we get back to daddy’s house.” My ex has views consistent with mine regarding this. My son recently told me he wants to learn how to dance, and I’m fine with it. Dancing is an admirable past time, and will lead to him becoming good friends with lots of lovely young women when he’s older. I did add though “you’re gonna need to learn how to fight too boy. Someone is gonna find out you like dancing and try to pick on you. And that’s fine, let them try.”

Latest posts

Top Bottom