Warrantless search - Rogers County

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not really correct.

He was stopped for an inoperative third brake light. That is probable cause to "search" - ahem - the third brake light. For which one does not need a dog, does one? How did the dog get there?

You, naturally, don't know this, but I do. For the purpose of discussion just accept that this is so:
There was no marijuana. There never was any marijuana. There never has been any marijuana in that car, at least not in the c. two years he has owned this used car. Follow the logic, then:

There was no marijuana. Therefore there was no odor of marijuana, let alone a "strong odor." How then did we get from a third brake light to marijuana? The deputy on-scene was notably evasive on this pertinent point. The lieutenant supervising the office was notably evasive on this pertinent point. It is necessary to establish probable cause for marijuana before searching for marijuana. Where is the probable cause?
I read maybe 30 pages of this. You keep asking for PC. PC for the stop was a third brake light, which is more common than you would ever think. If you’re that concerned and feel he was targeted, be like any smart lawyer and ask for an open records request of how many times that deputy conducted a traffic stop for a third brake like; I bet it’ll be a crap ton. Searching for a car that matches that of another, which committed a crime would not require PC, just reasonable suspicion. RS is only lawful until something is disproven and with what transpired, I would bet it was just another traffic stop.

You asked for PC to search the car. Free air sniff does not require anything to conduct and if the dog alerted on it, that’s PC to conduct a search. Every free air sniff that alerts, the handler will do a report on.

There’s no requirement to write paper for anything, it’s officers discretion. The stop happened, from what you admitted there was a third brake light out, lawfully. The search conducted, from an alert from a certified k9 (which you can get training docs and certs about) was a positive alert. That’s PC to get into that car. Your son being cuffed and detained is also legal as any lawyer will tell you. Can a search be done without cuffing someone? Sure, but again, up to the officer. No civil rights committed, solely based off what you said.

You pointed out the amount of deputies there. I would assume that he was traveling somewhere near Hwy 412/167, which is heavily worked by OHP and RCSO for traffic reasons. That would explain the amount of deputies there. Some counties will have 1-2 working the whole county, Rogers county will have anywhere from 5-7 working on shift. Tulsa county probably has 10-15 (I know it’s a different county). The point being is it’s not Washington county or other counties that have a low staffed shift.

I’m with others and will say that there are always bad cops, but based on the things you said, coming from both sides of civi(and in a not so pleasant way) and LE, nothing you explained seemed out of the ordinary, nothing unconstitutional or whatever else is claimed.

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
its become the same thing in most LE agencies. They have to justify to budget they receive and have the ability to ask for more. They invent crimes so they have big time arrest and target innocent people and invent crime. The more arrest they have, the more they need more officers and equipment. Typical government agencies. The Constitution of the United States is desperately in danger with the tyranny that is becoming a "Normal" to the people.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
its become the same thing in most LE agencies. They have to justify to budget they receive and have the ability to ask for more. They invent crimes so they have big time arrest and target innocent people and invent crime. The more arrest they have, the more they need more officers and equipment. Typical government agencies. The Constitution of the United States is desperately in danger with the tyranny that is becoming a "Normal" to the people.
Interesting considering LE are underpaid, under equipped, and improperly staffed. I was on the bargaining team and we rarely got a raise and never was granted the ability to hire more or stay fully staffed after retirements, regardless of how low or heavy the cal volumes were and no matter the type of police work was done. That didn’t matter.

I’ve never targeted anyone nor have I “invented” crimes; if you committed a crime, you committed a crime. I always fully investigated crimes I fell into or was assigned. I always had body/dash cams with audio and have never had any issues in court regarding Giglio. That’s because I’m like 99.99999% of other cops out there, and did the job the way it is supposed to be done. 🤷🏻‍♂️

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting considering LE are underpaid, under equipped, and improperly staffed. I was on the bargaining team and we rarely got a raise and never was granted the ability to hire more or stay fully staffed after retirements, regardless of how low or heavy the cal volumes were and no matter the type of police work was done. That didn’t matter.
It's truly amazing that so many keep showing up for that thankless, underpaid job that is so dangerous. I'd encourage every LEO in the country to take a non-governmental job and let the public get along without you.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Would there be less corrupt cops if every police officer, in every department, was paid over the top for what they do?

Latest posts

Top Bottom