Warrantless search - Rogers County

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tweety.jpg

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pointed the exigent circumstances out a long time ago in post 236.

Many of us have given well-reasoned opinions on the OP. I pointed out some things in post 29...he even said, "Good info". Then he went totally off the rails. It's pretty amazing the mental gymnastics he's performing. He'd nail Olympic gold if it was an event.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many of us have given well-reasoned opinions on the OP. I pointed out some things in post 29...he even said, "Good info". Then he went totally off the rails. It's pretty amazing the mental gymnastics he's performing. He'd nail Olympic gold if it was an event.
I’m beginning to think he spent too much time at altitude, without the benefit of oxygen.

tweetr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, the irony. If you don't like what I post, don't read it. I'm actually in awe that you can be as ridiculously unwilling to grasp such a simple concept that's been explained to you with facts, over and over again. It's actually quite fascinating watching you struggle to argue your case when you have nothing but an unrealistic worldview to support what you say.

You can't wish something into existence in the real world. You might as well stop trying.
I love the passive voice there (and in your previous, similar post.)
"It has been explained to you."
Oh! It has been explained to me! Well that changes everything! Obviously I no longer can disagree once "it has been explained!" I even replied, "Good info?" Of course I did. I appreciate the input whether or not I agree. I am courteous, even in disagreement, unlike some people here. The inherent transferrence is entertaining too. "Butthurt" is a particularly inarticulate adjective with respect to a Fourth Amendment objection; but is reasonably apt to describe someone upset that I don't agree with a hazily supported opinion on legal estoterica. You don't know me. Why do you care, emotionally care, whether I agree?

You shouldn't argue with me, you know. I graduated first in my class at Harvard Law, though I declined the JD, so you won't find any record that I was there. After graduation I clerked for Antonin Scalia. I actually wrote most of his decisions for him; he just signed his name. (Only the decisions you find brilliant; not, obviously, the ones with which you disagree.) Because I wrote them anonymously you won't find any attribution. I taught Constitutional law for years, so obviously my opinion is more weighty than yours. Once I have explained it to you, you no longer have any grounds to disagree.

Now. Does my claiming any of that make it so? Is gratuitous assertion valid argumentation?

As you evidently do care whether I agree (and I cannot conceive why), then a word of caution: the moment you appeal rudely ad hominem I simply no longer care what you think. I operate generally on the assumption that an intelligent, or even a merely thoughtful man can construct his argument courteously. If he cannot then that impeaches the quality of his argument. Just FYI.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's a very impressive hypothetical resume. I'm hypothetically impressed. And boy, oh, boy, will I ever be cautious about arguing with you in the future...because it truly breaks my heart that you don't care what I think.

I gotta go now... My therapist is hard to reach on Sunday so I need to get to that.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with the Rogers County Sheriff's department?

My 20-year-old son was pulled over this morning for a "tail light" by three SUVs from the Rogers County Sheriff's Office, was told they "smelled weed", handcuffed him, his car was torn apart and searched by the K9 that was already there. They told him the dog alerted on his car. Couldn't find anything, but his trunk smells strongly of weed, and if he would just "tell them where it is" they would drop all charges.

This is all utter nonsense. He has never touched the stuff, never had any in his car, doesn't smoke, drink, chew, or anything. He really is a nice guy. They obviously had a vehicle description that matched his Corolla, because they were already loaded for bear. I guarantee any mention of an alert by a dog or by a person "smelling weed" is a complete fabrication.

The problem is the warrantless search without any advisement of rights and without any remote probable cause. Not to mention placing my son's very life in danger without cause! Fortunately he is a very nice guy, did not get belligerent in any way, did not resist in any way. But you can see the problem if he had lost his temper.

Is anyone familiar with Rogers County? (We live in Washington County and are not familiar with Rogers.) I need to know who to talk to, where to file a complaint, and so on.

Thanks.
Don't live in Rogers County, but have heard/read many bad accounts of their thugocracy. If you live there, and aren't living under a rock, you should be familiar with them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom