Warren Theatres purchased

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Moore Warren already has signs for no open carry on their doors. I saw them tonight when I was buying tickets for tomorrow. Didn't see anything about concealed though.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Moore Warren already has signs for no open carry on their doors. I saw them tonight when I was buying tickets for tomorrow. Didn't see anything about concealed though.

They have had those since who knows when. Concealed has always been fine but who knows when that will change.

Anyway my best guess is that Warren theaters will start popping up everywhere now and will be the high end theater vs some of the others out there. Who knows if they will do it right or not but it really will suck if they throw up gun busters as per the norm at most theaters, not that most people abide by that anyway when concealing in OK.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As others have stated, here's hoping Regal doesn't screw it up. I don't have particularly high hopes of that as Regal takes a corporate approach while Bill Warren was obviously very personally invested in how his theaters represent his name. I guess I need to identify a film I want to see there before the deal closes so I'll have one last baseline with which to evaluate the Regal experience.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BA Warren had an all employee meeting this morning. Everyone's hire dates were reset to 5/19/2017. Substantial reduction to employee perks will occur (movie passes, concession & restaurant discounts, etc.)

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have had those since who knows when. Concealed has always been fine but who knows when that will change.

Anyway my best guess is that Warren theaters will start popping up everywhere now and will be the high end theater vs some of the others out there. Who knows if they will do it right or not but it really will suck if they throw up gun busters as per the norm at most theaters, not that most people abide by that anyway when concealing in OK.
Yeah, I wasn't sure if they were old or not. I haven't been there in years, been going to the Penn Square Theater the last few years, lived in Dallas before that. [emoji38]

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't that run-down theater by Chuy's at about Robinson and I-35 a "Regal" property? I hope that isn't an indication of how they maintain their theaters

Yes it is, it's just South of Robinson. When it opened it was the nicest theater in the metro and I don't think they've put a dime into it since then. When I saw that Regal made the purchase I was CRAZY bummed out about it because that's their norm - they don't invest in upkeep, so new theaters are nice and old ones are prohibitively nasty. We will in all likelihood get to watch the Warren go down the tubes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom