Was this appropriate self defense?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe in Oklahoma if you purposely damage a vehicle it can be a felony but not positive on that.I know a man who had a crazy ex wife that bashed his winshield in and she was charged with felony vandalism.
It could be criminal damage to property misdemeanor or felony depending upon the dollar value as I understand. Sometimes the entire theft of a motorvehicle was a misdemeanor because the car wasn't worth $500.

Back to to OP's point, death or great bodily harm is Oklahoma's standard.

This is Oregons'

Defence of a Person
Notwithstanding the provisions of ORS 161.209 (Use of physical force in defense of a person), a person is not justified in using deadly physical force upon another person unless the person reasonably believes that the other person is:

(1)Committing or attempting to commit a felony involving the use or threatened imminent use of physical force against a person; or

(2)Committing or attempting to commit a burglary in a dwelling; or

(3)Using or about to use unlawful deadly physical force against a person. [1971 c.743 §23]

I think #1 above about covers it.

BillPenn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't say how much this saddens me. Living in a time where it's acceptable to throw rocks at someone for showing patriotism. While the police stand by and watch it happen. I agree he showed a great amount restraint. I also have to commend him for making a stand. He had to have know going to the rally that there may be trouble. Yet, he chose to go anyway and stand up for his beliefs.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't say how much this saddens me. Living in a time where it's acceptable to throw rocks at someone for showing patriotism. While the police stand by and watch it happen. I agree he showed a great amount restraint. I also have to commend him for making a stand. He had to have know going to the rally that there may be trouble. Yet, he chose to go anyway and stand up for his beliefs.
He was ASKING for trouble, rather than riding through on the down low, if in fact he had to drive that street. He instigated this by showing up with a flag flying and that is likely why hes in jail. Had he been in a minivan going to pick up his kids, the turnout would have been different I imagine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom