Was this police shooting posted? Pretty crazy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

What is it with cops emotional state these days? It often sounds like they are having an emotional breakdown when engaging people. It seems to be in most of these shooting videos. I wonder if a cop gives you orders in that panicked, having an emotional breakdown voice if you aren’t better off bolting for cover. Haha jokes. But really.

Is there any kind of emotional stability test for being a police officer?

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I started watching "Live PD" which was intended to promote positive police action. Since watching it I have noticed that the cops almost always violate the 4th Amendment, escalate simple traffic stops and seem to pull their weapon over the smallest detail. Not cop bashing but it seems anymore they use any excuse to pull weapon or taser.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Is Sad, when I was young my Dad told me to obey people of authority and to this day if get stop by a police officer I give him/her all the respect. That been said I have few times when the officer comes across as an arrogant SOB, I still give him the respect that the batch/position deserve. I know that they put up with a lot crap during the duty tour. I always think there is no reason to make a bad situation worst. Do I think this shooting was justify, at first glance it doesn't look like, but I don't know the whole story. Perhaps he was waving a gun around just before the cops show off, or maybe he was a well-known tug that the cop had numerous dealing before and knew what he was capable off. Hard to tell when you only get one side of the story.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is Sad, when I was young my Dad told me to obey people of authority and to this day if get stop by a police officer I give him/her all the respect. That been said I have few times when the officer comes across as an arrogant SOB, I still give him the respect that the batch/position deserve. I know that they put up with a lot crap during the duty tour. I always think there is no reason to make a bad situation worst. Do I think this shooting was justify, at first glance it doesn't look like, but I don't know the whole story. Perhaps he was waving a gun around just before the cops show off, or maybe he was a well-known tug that the cop had numerous dealing before and knew what he was capable off. Hard to tell when you only get one side of the story.
In this case, that "one side" is going to be the cop's. Well, that and the truth (the body cam). Dead men tell no tales.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Police Activity channel on YouTube is an awesome channel. They only post dash and body cam videos with the news story. They post it all, good, bad, and ugly with no opinion at all. In my opinion, the good ones and the justifiable bad outcomes far outweigh the bad shoots. Yes, some people shouldn't be cops and the cams are gonna at least help weed them out. I have worked with plenty of people in my lifetime that didn't belong where they were. It is too bad that profession can take a life, though...on both sides.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The video shows that he didn’t have a weapon when he was killed.

Why did the cop feel threatened enough to shoot so quickly?

Is there a pattern of fear that is caused by the stress of being a cop?

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another thing I noticed is that it’s rarely older or mature men that are this ramped up. Is the average age of police officers much younger than it once was? Does our current culture produce young men that are less capable of handling the stress of being in dangerous situations daily?

Latest posts

Top Bottom