Was this police shooting posted? Pretty crazy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just watched the video. I have a hard time justifying it. My frame of reference is that of a soldier in a combat zone. This would be a crime and a court marshal. The ROE I've been under required a direct threat. Yeah, that increases the danger but that's what you accept when you sign up for a dangerous job. Soldiers want to get home safe to their families just as much as cops do. But if you aren't willing to accept the risk, you should choose a different job.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just watched the video. I have a hard time justifying it. My frame of reference is that of a soldier in a combat zone. This would be a crime and a court marshal. The ROE I've been under required a direct threat. Yeah, that increases the danger but that's what you accept when you sign up for a dangerous job. Soldiers want to get home safe to their families just as much as cops do. But if you aren't willing to accept the risk, you should choose a different job.

It seems like soldiers in a war zone are held to a higher standard for use of lethal force. I would think it would be the opposite. I used to watch JAG so I know how it works.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It seems like soldiers in a war zone are held to a higher standard for use of lethal force. I would think it would be the opposite. I used to watch JAG so I know how it works.
Depends on who is president at the time determines the ROE.
The current administration is drawing praises from the folks on the ground, while the past administration put soldiers in jail for minor infractions of the ROE.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The current administration is drawing praises from the folks on the ground, while the past administration put soldiers in jail for minor infractions of the ROE.

I see. Maybe we can just get Trump to tweet out the ROE for law enforcement. Settle this whole mess once and for all.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see. Maybe we can just get Trump to tweet out the ROE for law enforcement. Settle this whole mess once and for all.
He offered to do that in the case of Chicago and the murder rate in that city. The democratic administration turned him down, then came out with statements favorable to gun control. Imagine that.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Apparently you are unaware of the non-existence authority of a President over State and Local Law Enforcement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just to enhance on this post, Democratic administrations are alway in favor of moving the military into the local population to assimilate and convince the people looking to kill them that they are good guys winning hearts and minds to mitigate the conflict. While in reality, the populous is looking for ways to kill and maim the invaders. The ROE needs to be determined by the military and not politicians.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Police nowadays seem more willing to pull the trigger. Seems the old joke "shoot first and ask questions later" is coming true with law enforcement. It also seems that the brass will back up any situation no matter how wrong it is or how many civil rights are violated.
It's as though some of them grew up watching Sledge Hammer!, but mistook it for a documentary.

Latest posts

Top Bottom