Washington State

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2...-while-some-in-seattle-wait-hours-for-police/
Washington Passes Strict Gun Control Laws While Some in Seattle Wait Hours for Police To Respond
by Dan Zimmerman | Nov 07, 2018

That “victory” about which Paolini was so euphoric was the passage of I-1639, the billionaire-financed ballot initiative that will:

• Raise the age to buy semi-automatic rifles to 21 years old
  • Require those buying semi-autos to pass an “enhanced background check” and undergo a training course
  • Establish a 10-day waiting period for semi-auto firearm purchases
  • Allow dealers to charge a $25 surcharge for semi-autos to comply with the law
  • Require all firearms to be stored with a trigger lock or in a safe

Nobody will respond to it. They will fall in line.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I-1639 bill passes in Washington State

Thanks, it’s gonna change life. Briefly:

- ALL semi-auto long arms are now categorized as “Assault weapons”. Yes, including your Ruger 10-22...

- Now you must be 21 to purchase a long arm.

- Now if you buy a semi-automatic long arm, you must take, and pass, a class. It is unclear what the curriculum is, who gives it, or how much it might cost.

- Now, “officials” can FOIA anyones medical records

- Now, if a firearm is stolen from your home if not properly secured (this term is not quantified), and used in a crime, you can be charged with a felony.

There is much more in the 30 page diatribe, including alot of anti-law enforcement elements.

As soon as I retire, we are moving. Probably to Idaho

From this page.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Soon, enough people in this country will be disarmed to the point we will be ripe for enslavement under a dictatorship. If you think there is a different goal to these disarm the citizen movements, let me know. If you think any other excuse for disarming we the people is valid, go study some history.

The demand by the second added article to the Constitution, that no infringements by government be placed on the right of the people to keep and bear arms, is there to keep government in its place. Sure, we have the vote as a check on government but the vote will not keep a check on government when government ignores the Constitution and/or the vote like the check on government an armed populace can wield.

This 'move' in Washington State has no other purpose. No other stated purpose can be justified.

Woody

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The law is unconstitutional and it will be struck down in the courts. I hope they have a plan to reimburse everyone who complies, for the additional costs associated with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom