Washita Arm WMA Info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm getting a lease down by Tishamingo and it butts up to the Washita Arm. I'm new to this part of the state and was wondering if anybody had info on the quality of deer in the area. I could tell it's loaded with pigs. Thx for any input!
f5d4c838dbfacc8028be7e6690148c5d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Deer hunting is great in Johnston County (Tishomingo) and shoot every darn hog you see. Not sure how big a leases you have, but good idea to get to know the folks next to you. It pays off. They get to know who's hunting next to them and can give you the lay of the land. It pays off big time in the long run and you meet some pretty neat people.

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hunting should be great. I enjoy driving thru the wildlife refuge in Tish just looking at deer. But you probably will be cursed with pigs.
A friend of mine enjoys hunting the Blue River public land between Tish and Milburn. He's shot some pretty good deer and lots of hogs. Enjoy!

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's about 30 minutes from me. We ain't deer poor. Just check out the dead ones on the side of the road and be careful driving (any time day or night) particularly after dusk or early am. Everyone that lives around here, have hit a few deer during their lifetime. I've hit 6. Two at one time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom