Waste not want not

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So seeing that there is no sense wasting a good thing, and trying something new in the process.

And seeing people waste so mush like in this thread. People who dump deer carcasses on the side of the road rant

I took all the bones from this years deer with the exception of the ribs and head and put them in my old turkey fryer pot up on the stove with a gallon of water, and simmered them, (thinking I had to add another half gallon water later) until all the meat, etc fell off, took the bones out when cooled and it all gelled up.

I refrigerated it and scoop out a pint a day and throw it into the chicken pen, and watch them go nuts scarffing it down!

I eventually did the same with the head, cutting as mush off as possible first.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good for you. I’ve been watching a lot of history videos lately and man, back in the 1700s they didn’t waste ANYTHING. They’d make glue and gelatin from the hooves, spoons and hair combs from the outer horns of cattle and even drum sticks out of bison penis.

Latest posts

Top Bottom