WATCH: Florida Deputy Shoots Through Windshield to Take Out Armed Suspect

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elm Creek Smith

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hope he thought to put his hearing protection in/on.
He probably only heard "pops." In the long ago and far away, I fired a .357 Magnum Ruger Police Service 6, IIRC, in a 4 foot wide hallway with plaster and lath walls. The hall turned to the right about 25-30 feet away and a clown with a nickeled .32 ACP had already taken a shot or two at a pair of deputies when I saw the .32 poking around the corner. I missed, but the "miscreant" tossed out the .32 and surrendered. The 158 grain LSWC shattered about a 12 inch circle of heavy plaster, and that convinced him that he didn't want anything to do with that. (To be fair, the bullet hit a sheet steel duct covered with plaster which accounted for the damage.) I only heard a "Pop!", but my ears rang for a week. The deputies and I were yelling at each other without realizing it as they jumped on the clown and "subdued" him. I was working for Burns International Detective Agency at the time.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been seeing more of these kind of videos recently so I think some discussion would be in order about the training behind the decision to engage through a medium that affects trajectory. I guess the OHP video of the rolling rifle engagement in western OK would have to be included in the discussion. Not trying to be critical or troll here - just would like to know the state of the current training protocols about such situations and decisions.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been seeing more of these kind of videos recently so I think some discussion would be in order about the training behind the decision to engage through a medium that affects trajectory. I guess the OHP video of the rolling rifle engagement in western OK would have to be included in the discussion. Not trying to be critical or troll here - just would like to know the state of the current training protocols about such situations and decisions.

A friend of mine was invited to participate in a vehicular shooting training. He was the only non-leo present. One of the drills they went through and discussed was shooting through a windshield and how it affected your shot. With so many police being engaged before they can exit their vehicle I believe more and more are getting training on how to do so.

Latest posts

Top Bottom