Watch Your Back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your old lady has a bug up her azz you can look for insecticide condoms and go in after it. 🤣😜. But if your uptight yourself due to life's stressors you might try this. If you don't need it, buy a bottle anyway so that if you get that imported bug it'll help you bounce back.
Amazon.com: Gaia Herbs Adrenal Health Daily Support - with Ashwagandha, Holy Basil & Schisandra - Herbal Supplement to Help Maintain Healthy Energy and Stress Levels - 120 Liquid Phyto-Capsules (60-Day Supply) : Health & Household
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0036THML2/ref=as_sl_pc_tf_til?tag=thepatriotnur-20

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been keeping the noggin on a swivel for so long that it's just natural now. When entering a store, always look for another exit, when walking a parking lot or a street and I see someone peel off from where they are standing to walk behind me, I immediately change directions while acting distracted but always keeping them in the peripheral vision.
Most importantly when in a parking lot, walk down the center of the aisle and keep one hand on the mouse gun in the pocket.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to Lowes and WalMart today. While at Lowes on the plumbing aisle, we were approached by a teenager asking if we wanted to buy a Sonic gift card to support the Southmoore baseball team. Maybe he was legit, but I got scam vibes. Then as we were leaving Lowes, two people had a table set up in the breezeway for some non-profit and tried to engage me as I was leaving. While at Walmart, we saw a man in the parking lot who my wife thought had said something like "she's pretty" while he walked around aimlessly. When we got to the main doors of the store and turned around to look back, he was standing next to a woman who was loading items into her trunk. I thought he may have been with her, but she got into her car and he walked away.

I feel like every time I leave my house, I am watching everyone around me with a paranoid, guarded eye. I know this isn't New York or Chicago, but stories from there where even old people get sucker punched or robbed don't help. I don't trust anyone out there.
Hyper-Vigilence is a sign of PTSD and I agree 100% with what you shared. I was never in combat but after 20 years in the Navy you see and do things that are hard to shake even years later. I was reluctant to let anyone know because I thought I would have to give up my guns or something. I was wrong, I was advised by a couple of VA doctors that we are all under an abnormal amount of stress, regardless of perspective on everything.

I have no idea who you are but if there is anything we can do don’t hesitate to reach out and let us know before we read about it.

Dave.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hyper-Vigilence is a sign of PTSD and I agree 100% with what you shared. I was never in combat but after 20 years in the Navy you see and do things that are hard to shake even years later. I was reluctant to let anyone know because I thought I would have to give up my guns or something. I was wrong, I was advised by a couple of VA doctors that we are all under an abnormal amount of stress, regardless of perspective on everything.

I have no idea who you are but if there is anything we can do don’t hesitate to reach out and let us know before we read about it.

Dave.
Great advice. A lot of vets with PTSD think they will have to surrender their firearms by admitting they have that issue because of past statements by politicians.
If some states have red flag laws that could certainly happen if the laws were written with a broad brush in order to sweep in guns without justification.
If you're in Oklahoma or some of the red states, your pretty safe to visit the VA and talk about what your issues are to a professional.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to tell panhandlers, hey, I'm working this side of the street or something along those lines but I no longer do anything to antagonize them. Just keep repeating, "No thank you" as I remain walking away with an eye in their direction.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was on my way to the checkout in Walmart one day and this guy with a heavy accent (Pakistan, Iran, Arab?) was telling me he was short of money, needed diapers for his kids. He went on and on saying god bless me with each excuse. I told him that I was not going to be buying anything for him and he finally left me alone.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was on my way to the checkout in Walmart one day and this guy with a heavy accent (Pakistan, Iran, Arab?) was telling me he was short of money, needed diapers for his kids. He went on and on saying god bless me with each excuse. I told him that I was not going to be buying anything for him and he finally left me alone.

I was approached by a guy wanting money once. I reached in my pocket as if I was going for wallet but instead produced my badge and showed it to him. He got that deer in the headlights look, said "you have a good day, sir" and turned and swiftly walked away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom