Watch Your Back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You never know. Had idiots zoom up on my car at a filling station this weekend. I kept eye contact. They were busy pooling their change and one went in I guess to pay. I left quickly. Felt very uneasy, guy at pump never closed door or showed both hands. Paranoid? Me?
I never (well, almost never) close my door while I'm pumping gas. For one thing, I'm writing down the mileage, and for another, I usually have a pistol handy inside the vehicle. So maybe you're not all that paranoid...

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you read the paper? Heard about the crowding in prisons and jails? Yeah it isnt paranoia bud. Just dont let it make you jaded, because there are still a lot of good people.

Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet ~Gen. Mattis​

Been in this mode since 1962 and it hasn't failed me yet

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You never know. Had idiots zoom up on my car at a filling station this weekend. I kept eye contact. They were busy pooling their change and one went in I guess to pay. I left quickly. Felt very uneasy, guy at pump never closed door or showed both hands. Paranoid? Me?
After the news showed videos of people at the gas station opening the passenger doors and stealing stuff off the seats while the owner is pumping gas on the other side, I’ve made it a point to lock the doors as soon as I get out.

Woodman 59

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to Lowes and WalMart today. While at Lowes on the plumbing aisle, we were approached by a teenager asking if we wanted to buy a Sonic gift card to support the Southmoore baseball team. Maybe he was legit, but I got scam vibes. Then as we were leaving Lowes, two people had a table set up in the breezeway for some non-profit and tried to engage me as I was leaving. While at Walmart, we saw a man in the parking lot who my wife thought had said something like "she's pretty" while he walked around aimlessly. When we got to the main doors of the store and turned around to look back, he was standing next to a woman who was loading items into her trunk. I thought he may have been with her, but she got into her car and he walked away.

I feel like every time I leave my house, I am watching everyone around me with a paranoid, guarded eye. I know this isn't New York or Chicago, but stories from there where even old people get sucker punched or robbed don't help. I don't trust anyone out there.
More and more people are here from other states, and a lot of the crap from other cities is coming with them. You can be on guard and still be nice. To a point that is, check them out before giving anything. Good luck

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to Lowes and WalMart today. While at Lowes on the plumbing aisle, we were approached by a teenager asking if we wanted to buy a Sonic gift card to support the Southmoore baseball team. Maybe he was legit, but I got scam vibes. Then as we were leaving Lowes, two people had a table set up in the breezeway for some non-profit and tried to engage me as I was leaving. While at Walmart, we saw a man in the parking lot who my wife thought had said something like "she's pretty" while he walked around aimlessly. When we got to the main doors of the store and turned around to look back, he was standing next to a woman who was loading items into her trunk. I thought he may have been with her, but she got into her car and he walked away.

I feel like every time I leave my house, I am watching everyone around me with a paranoid, guarded eye. I know this isn't New York or Chicago, but stories from there where even old people get sucker punched or robbed don't help. I don't trust anyone out there.
Earned my spurs in the city of Philadelphia. Always lived in Orange and near Red every day. When my pregnant wife and I were driving though a section of the city named Kensington we were stopped at a traffic light when some twenty something ran up to our car hollering help, help please help. Its my mother! Rolled down the window to talk and got sucker punched! I had just gotten off work and I always put my belt and wrenches on the floor in the back. So I got out all pissed off and grabbed two of my spud wrenches as some of his friends were moving in on me from across the streets and some big black dude got to me first as I hit him on the bridge of the nose with my American Bridge wrench. He went down fast and I kicked him a couple of times as another one was trying to grab my arm as I swung the other wrench and caught him in the neck both of them were down and licking their wounds. The other guys cowered and ran back to the sidewalk. I hadn't noticed a taxi go by and the driver found some cops and I then had reinforcements. The LEO's called for a meat wagon and took away the so called "tough guys". I was asked if I wanted to press charges if not they would. I ask for and received five minutes in the cell with the guy who punched me. Only took less than two minutes to kick his butt. Watch Commander told me that this had been going on in the area for awhile and these guys would beat up the man and take the woman somewhere and gang rape her. Long story short three of them received prison terms after being Identified by my wife, myself, two men and four women. It was bad then but now seems like all the trash is back but they are ten times worse than they were back then. Always live in Orange and be aware of your surroundings. White, Yellow, Orange and by Red you should have your gun out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom