Water well Drilling Expertise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wasn’t sure where to post this... please move if necessary.

In the next few years myself, my father, and a close friend of mine will need several water wells drilled between us. Due to the cost, and my own curiosity, I’ve considered buying a small drilling unit and tackling it myself. Does anyone on here have experience and could give us information on how to go about the drilling process? My father and I install septic and aerobic systems, run waterlines, and my dad is competent in the down-hole side of pump installation and servicing, as well as extensive plumbing knowledge. So we aren’t totally green to this area of work and think we could handle the drilling side if we had some mentorship.

Also, if you are a well driller and want to bid the job, I’m going to need the first one pretty soon and am trying to get some names together.

Thanks and God bless

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
What's the well depth in your area? I know a few guys in this area with drilling businesses but only one who'll go down to 200'. Most wells here are 40'-60'.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
shallow water is called ground water and is usually contaminated, need to get to the second layer for potable water. My well driller went 110', only hit water about 40 down and its only ground and only good for irrigation. Neighbor 1/2 mile from has good water at 120 but hard. Would defiantly recommend getting a pro for 1rst one.

I'm NW Highway and Richland Rd area. Long ways from PV

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
shallow water is called ground water and is usually contaminated, need to get to the second layer for potable water. My well driller went 110', only hit water about 40 down and its only ground and only good for irrigation. Neighbor 1/2 mile from has good water at 120 but hard. Would defiantly recommend getting a pro for 1rst one.

I'm NW Highway and Richland Rd area. Long ways from PV
No, I disagree, there is a SCHIT ton of wells pullin water from 15'. Near river valleys, thats the water table.

Last edited:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I lived in Tuttle, I had a buddy who lived a stones through from the river. His well was 12' deep. Water was tested and fine. I lived 3 miles south of the river and wells around me were 230' I had rural water.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am south of Tuttle . Lots of hard water tween here & Tuttle. Well driller hit water @ 13 feet water rose to 9 feet from top of well ,60 feet deep. Will cook beans. About 100 yards from flowing creek. Brother was well driller but has passed away. rig was sold. But if u beat the bushes u can find a rig.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where im drilling is a bit north and east of Paoli, I’m pretty sure I’ll be less than 100’ because it’s in a wide creek bottom.

Latest posts

Top Bottom