Waterfowl 18'/19'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Screenshot_20181209-113346_Video Player.jpg
Eagles were waterfowl hunting when I was deer hunting this morning.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep geese are everywhere and tons of them. Very few ducks down here.

We live near the Arkansas river on a ridge. Every evening there are huge flocks of geese flying just before dark. I drove 100 miles round trip to Grant County today and didn't see a single duck on any of the ponds.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just an FYI. Apparently the odwc is looking at doing away with the duck zones. If you go online to leave comments about the regulation changes being recommended the very last question asks if you would be in favor of removing the zones and having just one season. It’s not in the actual recommendations themselves just a question at the end of the comments you leave before you hit submit.

Hunting in Stillwater and having to put up with that stupid divide that runs down highway 51 I didn’t vote yes. I voted hell yes!!!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I hunt on both side of highway 132, the zones don't bother me much, just the split and the dates. If it doesn't get cold up north like this year, it won't matter much anyway. Weakest migration and lowest Salt Plains refuge numbers I can ever recall. We're still shooting a few birds here and there, but it's pretty slim. Way more geese around than anything, and there's about 100k less here this year than last year at this time.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I hunt on both side of highway 132, the zones don't bother me much, just the split and the dates. If it doesn't get cold up north like this year, it won't matter much anyway. Weakest migration and lowest Salt Plains refuge numbers I can ever recall. We're still shooting a few birds here and there, but it's pretty slim. Way more geese around than anything, and there's about 100k less here this year than last year at this time.
Birds are coming. My sons hunt was in Kansas. They stopped shooting by 830 and just shot video. I watched a few vids a minute ago. Holy bejeezus, wave after wave of birds coming to the watershed. They waited til the birds left in the morning then sat up as they came back in to loaf.

Latest posts

Top Bottom